iCloud, Sound, Ethernet Not Working on Toshiba Laptop

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, hope you guys have had a great day. I just installed Yosemite 10.10.1 on my Toshiba Satellite C55t-b5109 and it works perfectly except for the Sound, ethernet, iCloud, and wifi (wifi will never be supported, but thats fine with me).

There are 2 main things I hope that I can fix, the Sound and the ethernet.

I don't know the exact name of the Sound card in my computer, but I know its hardware ID (9c20 or 0a0c), and that it shows up as Intel High Definition Sound in System Information.

I don't know the name or hardware id of the ethernet card, so if someone could tell me a way to get it that would be great.

Also iCloud, Facetime, iMessage, App Store, etc. does not work. I think it has to do with the problem that Chameleon doesn't support NVRAM and that I don't have real ROM numbers from a real Mac.

So if somebody could help me get the Sound and ethernet working that would be great, because I actually installed Mac OS on this computer to do video editing, and videos kind of suck with out sound lol.

Thank you guys in advanced.

Hey, thanks for the links. I already had the first application and this is all I got from it:

ne6nnc.png

I'll download DPCIManager and see if that one has more info.

EDIT: I downloaded DPCIManager and this came up:

zbo7b.png

The audio device ID is an ALC233 (0x80869C20).

The ethernet card is a Realtek RTL8101E.