New Hackintosh with Magma PE6R4-I?

municfkd

4 posts in this topic

hey guys,

i've searched through different forums for hours now, but there's no posts on this so i guess i have to start a new topic - hoping you maybe can help me.

i have a new hackintosh with the following relevant specs:

Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H

Haswell i7-4770k

i now have to get the following hardware to work:

Magma Expansion Chassis PE6R4-I

with these cards built in:

Digidesign pci HD Accel und HD Core

the hackintosh build is solid, running on 10.9.3. everything works fine.

i have no protools software at the moment, as we only got PT7 and thats not supported on Mavericks. Upgrading to 8, 9 or 10 is no problem, but i would like to know if its even possible to get the hardware to work before upgrading.

i installed everything properly, the hackintosh starts up fine, but neither the expansion chassis nor the two cards show up in the system profiler. i haven't found any information by magma, protools or else about bios settings, kexts or anything i could try. 

could someone point me in a direction here? 

would be much appreciated.

cheers,

lukas

if the drivers are unicode (available for x86 as well as x64) then updating and installing the older driver shouldn't use system issues. (big word is shouldn't).  I would try on a spare drive and see if it works.

HBP

if the drivers are unicode (available for x86 as well as x64) then updating and installing the older driver shouldn't use system issues. (big word is shouldn't).  I would try on a spare drive and see if it works.

HBP

hey,

thanks for your reply. thats the problem though - there are no drivers provided by magma. their website states that it should (there's that word again) work out of the box. but it doesn't and they have no further information on how to troubleshoot this.

lukas

Not sure if this helps at all but anyway. I have an old pci card M audio delta 44 and a delta 1010 in in two of my hacks one in each and none of them show up in the system profiler but they work anyway. 

These two cards run on the same driver/kext a guy put together a while ago. Since they are pci and macs haven´t had pci slots for sometime now a special driver was neded to make them work.

I guess you already checked if your cards still work even thought they wont show up but.

The magma though looks like a pcie card so it should work which makes it strange that it wont. Maybe the problem is with the other two pci cards that they still need a driver in order to make the combo work

Did you check if it works with an older os x version like for example Mountainlion?

Just some thoughts, hope you get it sorted out