Acer Aspire E1-570G, HD 4000 not working at all

Nonta72

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

After trying SO MANY times without success, I decided to seek help from my fellow OSX86 Community.

I have an Acer Aspire E1-570G Laptop with these specs:

- Intel Core i3-3217U @ 1,8GHz

- HM77

- 8GB RAM DDR3L 1600MHz (Dual Channel)

- Intel HD Graphics 4000 (ID=0166) and nVidia GeForce GT740M - 64-Bit Edition

- 15,6" with 1366x768 resolution

- Clover 3192 Bootloader.

I've been trying to get OS X working but I keep running into various problems:

- The common one is that Intel HD 4000 won't work, it's detected but 4MB VRAM.

- The computer sometimes auto-reboot after reaching a certain level of boot process as shown here (for reference only) 

. That problem mostly happen when I check "Inject Intel" in clover GUI before booting.

- It stuck if I use Chameleon with IGPEnabler=Yes and GraphicsEnabler=No

- I also get "Still waiting for root device error sometimes, I solved this by using Generic USB 3.0 kext.

What I tried:

- Using different versions of OS X: 10.8.2 Retail DVD (bought it long time back), 10.9.5 downloaded from App Store and 10.10.2 - 10.10.3 all from App Store.

- Using different versions of Clover, Chimera and Chameleon like Clover 2593, 3113, 3192 and latest; many versions of Chameleon including patched ones (2.1svn r1999 - r2000, something like that).

- Using both UEFI Mode installation and Vanilla Installation (with Chameleon).

- Using modded BIOS to be able to disable some parameters (not willing to change switchable graphics though, it's set to automatic; I once changed that value and run into a blank screen at start up on a HP Laptop).

- Changing VRAM value in BIOS varying between 32MB and 512MB (below 32MB and above 512MB will cause problem).

- Using different SMBIOS (MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and the generic Mac Pro "3,1")

- Using different IG-PlatformID (the 01660003 one was supposed to work, but it doesn't).

What I didn't try:

- Using DSDT to disable nvidia, I didn't because I can't find a DSDT for that GPU and I can't patch one myself.

So my questions now are:

- Can't my laptop be hackintoshed ?

- Can someone patch a DSDT for me that disables GT740M ?

Thank you in advance.

hd4000.tiff

Hi,

Did you try the 01660004? 

Thanks!

I tried 01660004 but failed.

I solved it by using 01660008, that works OK.

It's weird because it was supposed to be either 01660003 or 01660004. The 01660008 and 01660009 are rarely used.

BTW, can you patch my DSDT (or maybe you can help me find someone who can do it) ?

I want nvidia to be disabled. It's a nVidia GeForce GT 740M - 64 Bit Edition (GK208M).

• 2 years later...
On 5/4/2015 at 6:03 PM, Nonta72 said:

Hello,

After trying SO MANY times without success, I decided to seek help from my fellow OSX86 Community.

I have an Acer Aspire E1-570G Laptop with these specs:

- Intel Core i3-3217U @ 1,8GHz

- HM77

- 8GB RAM DDR3L 1600MHz (Dual Channel)

- Intel HD Graphics 4000 (ID=0166) and nVidia GeForce GT740M - 64-Bit Edition

- 15,6" with 1366x768 resolution

- Clover 3192 Bootloader.

I've been trying to get OS X working but I keep running into various problems:

- The common one is that Intel HD 4000 won't work, it's detected but 4MB VRAM.

- The computer sometimes auto-reboot after reaching a certain level of boot process as shown here (for reference only) 

. That problem mostly happen when I check "Inject Intel" in clover GUI before booting.

- It stuck if I use Chameleon with IGPEnabler=Yes and GraphicsEnabler=No

- I also get "Still waiting for root device error sometimes, I solved this by using Generic USB 3.0 kext.

What I tried:

- Using different versions of OS X: 10.8.2 Retail DVD (bought it long time back), 10.9.5 downloaded from App Store and 10.10.2 - 10.10.3 all from App Store.

- Using different versions of Clover, Chimera and Chameleon like Clover 2593, 3113, 3192 and latest; many versions of Chameleon including patched ones (2.1svn r1999 - r2000, something like that).

- Using both UEFI Mode installation and Vanilla Installation (with Chameleon).

- Using modded BIOS to be able to disable some parameters (not willing to change switchable graphics though, it's set to automatic; I once changed that value and run into a blank screen at start up on a HP Laptop).

- Changing VRAM value in BIOS varying between 32MB and 512MB (below 32MB and above 512MB will cause problem).

- Using different SMBIOS (MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and the generic Mac Pro "3,1")

- Using different IG-PlatformID (the 01660003 one was supposed to work, but it doesn't).

What I didn't try:

- Using DSDT to disable nvidia, I didn't because I can't find a DSDT for that GPU and I can't patch one myself.

So my questions now are:

- Can't my laptop be hackintoshed ?

- Can someone patch a DSDT for me that disables GT740M ?

Thank you in advance.

hd4000.tiff

Hi I have same laptop as you. and intel hd 4000 is detecting as 4MB?

Have you fixed that? and can you help me fixing that? 

if you have dsdt and ssdt files can you share with me?

On 17-3-2018 at 5:07 PM, mr r said:

Hi I have same laptop as you. and intel hd 4000 is detecting as 4MB?

Have you fixed that? and can you help me fixing that? 

if you have dsdt and ssdt files can you share with me?

Hi,

Very old topic...

Some information on how to extract the DSDT and SSDT files can be found here: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT

You can use a Linux live USB stick for that, or use Clover and mount the EFI partition when booted to copy the files. (Use Clover Configurator, makes things easy.)

Note that besides the DSDT the SSDT's are also needed to succesfully disable the Nvidia card.

After you have extracted the files, it would be best to open a new topic in the DSDT section requesting the patch.

Regarding the 4mb value, seems it works with ID 01660008 as stated above. If none of the values work, another patch to the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext might be needed.

• Like 1