No hard drive detected

sidegame

9 posts in this topic

Hi there,

First of all I'm new to forum and hackintosh, so I am sorry i posted in wrong place.

after 3 days I finally got to boot OSX Yosemite installer using clover with a USB, but now I face anther problem and that is it doesn’t detect my HDD (in disk utility it only shows my USB Flash).

PS: hp bios doesn’t let you choose between BIOS SATA setup from IDE to AHCI.

any help is much appreciated 

My notebook specs:

HP ENVY dv6 Notebook PC

CPU = Intel Core i7 3630QM Ivy Bridge

Ram = 8GB

HDD = 700GB

Display Adapter =Intel® HD Graphics 4000

Graphic Card = 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M

hi first of all thanks for reply,  and sorry didn't understand what do you mean by configured the disks to use a GUID partition table, 

Have you configured the disks to use a GUID partition table?

if you mean the partition of USB than YES, if you mean the hard drive than NO and the reason is that it didnt detect the hard drive so how can I configured to a GUID partition

I can't change anything regarding IDE to AHCI, but I think my hp is set the default to AHCI, are there any way to use any kext to solve this?

For use in GUID partition in the HD, read this: [Guide] The all-in-one guide to Vanilla OS X (including Chameleon + DSDT) for beginners (updated for Yosemite!)

What is your Chipset?

sorry for delay I had a problem with my internet connection,

My Chipset is :

Chipset = Intel Ivy bridge       Rev  = 09

Southbridge = Intel HM77      Rev  = 04

hop now its clear

WOW finally it worked!  :thumbsup_anim:  :drool:

for anyone who has the same problem all you need to do is just go to EFI/Clover/kexts/ and delete all folders except the Other folder and just

copy these kext (IOPCIFamily.kext - IOAHCIFamily.kext and AppleAHCIPort.kext) to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

and you are good to goooooooooooo!!! :wink_anim:

Edit: you can find these kext in attachment

AppleAHCIPort.kext.zip

IOAHCIFamily.kext.zip

IOPCIFamily.kext.zip

• Like 1