ALC860/ALC880 Realtek audio codec

ut2211

19 posts in this topic

I have an Intel 915GUX motherboard with the Realtek ALC860/ALC880 audio codec. Everything seems to work except sound. :)

I have made a native installation using the Generic DVD installation with MAXXUSS 0.5c patches.

I have read somewhere in the forum that others with the same mobo or very similar intel mobos (915GAV, 915GAGL etc..) have sound working.

If some has sound working with this mobo (codec ALC860/ALC880) please state:

1) method of installation

2) patches installed

3) bios version and setting

4) a copy of kextstat

5) a copy of AppleAzalia.kext

6) every information that can be useful

thanks everybody for the help

I have an Intel 915GUX motherboard with the Realtek ALC860/ALC880 audio codec. Everything seems to work except sound. :)

I have made a native installation using the Generic DVD installation with MAXXUSS 0.5c patches.

I have read somewhere in the forum that others with the same mobo or very similar intel mobos (915GAV, 915GAGL etc..) have sound working.

If some has sound working with this mobo (codec ALC860/ALC880) please state:

1) method of installation

2) patches installed

3) bios version and setting

4) a copy of kextstat

5) a copy of AppleAzalia.kext

6) every information that can be useful

thanks everybody for the help

Not sure you need the maxxus patches if you have that board, and the sound works fine I bet, it probably just is only routing out of one of the sound ports. First check to see if it's coming out of the front port and if it is then you know you have sound so move the speakers over in the back port.

That is correct, with your hardware you only need the original Mac OS X 10.4.1 DVD Install for developers' image (Marklar-Tiger.dmg) and replace in it just one file with a patched one (oah750). After that you burn it to DVD disc and you surely shall be able to boot natively and install Mac OS X.

Search forum for knowhow.

good luck!

I'm seeing some common failures with the Generic DVD, I don't know if the Generic DVD has the extensions from the Darwin CD, the deadmoo image has them. Try to copy from the Darwin CD:

AudioAC97audio.kext

IOAudiofamilie.kext

AudioDeviceTreeUpdater.kext

VirtualAudioDriver.kext

Edit the Info.plist if needed to add your DeviceID, remove Extension.kextcache and Extensions.mkext and reboot

Have you upgraded your bios? the Latest version is something like WB91X10J.86A.1315.2005.0818.1005

this version is for intel D915GVWB.

I have 915GUX desktop board and my BIOS is EV91510A.86A.0444.2005.0429.2108.

i upgrade it from 0444 to 0470 - it's latest version found on intel web site.

still not work...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello!

I have Intel 915GUXLK motherboard.

Everything is working fine but the audio.

I disabled Front Panel Audio in BIOS. In system properties>sound it shows that i have output and input but there is no actual sound/i hear nothing/. When I started some music program it said that I only have Audio INPUTS.

I think this might be my problem. How can I fix this? Please reply because my other option is to buy a USB Sound Blaster.

• 1 year later...

Hi

I have the same motherboard and no sound. If I install any Itunes update or Ilife, and then reboot I get sound until I reboot or shutdown just once more, then no sound at all.

If I install another Itunes update, same deal, sound until reboot.

cheers