Samsung R Series 1st gen Core i5 - Yosemite no Turbo, only 4 P States

Morphium

5 posts in this topic

Hi there all.

I got a nearly perfect running Yosemite on my old Samsung Notebook. After migration from Lion / Chameleon to Yosemite I decided to switch to Clover for a better. However it seems I have not set up a good config file for a proper Speedstep. Switching P and C states to on does not enable the Turbo on my CPU. With Chameleon and Lion it worked. Is there anything I have overlooked. Does someone have a recommended confg file for Arandale based systems? There so many more switches in Clover and I dont know if Yosemite requires more than Lion did.

Thanks

hello

where u get this ?

<key>ResetAddress</key>
<string>0x0064</string>
<key>ResetValue</key>
<string>0x00fe</string>

and this ?

<key>DropOem</key>
<false/>
<key>Generate</key>
<true/>
<key>PluginType</key>
<integer>0</integer>
</dict>

i think u should read more about clover .. clover bible

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration#Config.plist-structure

good hack

• Like 1

Hi there Artur,

you are absolutely right. I searched for similar config files on the net and thought they were set right. It proves, after some reading, that the setting are pure {censored}. Reset fix is not needed and my system restarts purely fine without any  entries. After further examing the P and C States I wondered why Clover Configurator did not enter them in my config. However I rethought the process and came to the conclusion that these were not needed prior to Sandybridge. So I set them to false and voila, the system has now proper Speedstepping with Turbo mode. Happy now and moving to the next tiny little bits to fix.