[GUIDE] Install OSX 10.1X on Lenovo T410 [Step by Step]

Codinger

126 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

as a first I would like to thank you for this effort to bring this solution to ordinary x86 machines :)

I was following this manual step-by-step with no issues. But when i try to boot for the first time from USB  flash I see Apple bite and progress bar. It take like 1 hour for progress bar being completed and sinec that time nothing is happening for past 24 hours. Just apple and progress bar on 100%. Personally only problem I can see is that i have just 2GB RAM. But if needed i beleive i can extend it with no issues...

It's T410 Intel HD

2GB RAM

500GB HDD 7200 RPM

Core i5 

Thanks for any info

bye

Jerry

Hi guys,

as a first I would like to thank you for this effort to bring this solution to ordinary x86 machines :)

I was following this manual step-by-step with no issues. But when i try to boot for the first time from USB  flash I see Apple bite and progress bar. It take like 1 hour for progress bar being completed and sinec that time nothing is happening for past 24 hours. Just apple and progress bar on 100%. Personally only problem I can see is that i have just 2GB RAM. But if needed i beleive i can extend it with no issues...

It's T410 Intel HD

2GB RAM

500GB HDD 7200 RPM

Core i5 

Thanks for any info

bye

Jerry

Most likely an issue with the graphics driver not loaded. 1st gen Intel HD is a pain in the ass hackintosh-wise ;)

• Like 1

Big thanks for the guide!

I have installed (following the detailed guide) El Capitan 10.11.3 on my Lenovo ThinkPad T510. Everything appears to be working just fine. Only sleep/wake up needs some fine-tuning.

EDIT: While it is slightly off-topic (because I have a T510), but sleep now works perfectly with this DSDT:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/274218-guide-lenovo-thinkpad-t510510i-plus-t410-and-w510-106-107-108-109-all-working-ok-20131112-update/page-25?do=findComment&comment=2198792

Thanks all!

• Like 1

Hi. I successfully get everything working under your guide.

But on my laptop, the thinkpad trackpoint is moving VERY fast, while the trackpad is moving at the comfortable speed. If I adjust the "moving speed" in the preference panel, this two speeds would be adjusted simultaneously.

So my question is, is there any way to slow down the speed of trackpoint, while not influencing the speed of trackpad? (I think the magic may be inside the 

VoodooPS2Controller.kext)

Thank you!!

Hi. I successfully get everything working under your guide.

But on my laptop, the thinkpad trackpoint is moving VERY fast, while the trackpad is moving at the comfortable speed. If I adjust the "moving speed" in the preference panel, this two speeds would be adjusted simultaneously.

So my question is, is there any way to slow down the speed of trackpoint, while not influencing the speed of trackpad? (I think the magic may be inside the 

VoodooPS2Controller.kext)

Thank you!!

I have the same issue .. I tried with a newer Voodoo kext but then the trackpoint doesn't work at all.

I have the same issue .. I tried with a newer Voodoo kext but then the trackpoint doesn't work at all.

I concur... but since I use the Trackpoint very seldom, it is a nice to have option for me really. Touchpad works fine though.

I concur... but since I use the Trackpoint very seldom, it is a nice to have option for me really. Touchpad works fine though.

Hi guys! I found out the solution!

See https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/issues/59

Change the MouseMultiplierX and MouseMultiplierY to a much lower integer (I changed it from 20 to 4!) 

The file is VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Info.plist

• Like 3

Hi guys! I found out the solution!

See https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/issues/59

Change the MouseMultiplierX and MouseMultiplierY to a much lower integer (I changed it from 20 to 4!) 

The file is VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Yes, indeed it does work and now the TrackPoint works as it should. :)

Good one and thanks to you and RehabMan as well.

success! usb wake working on my T410 INTEL HD!

Config> USB set to Off the usb always on!

the fix for video in dsdt seems to work nice now.. compare it

HasPanel seems to make video work!

my IntelHDGraphics Clover folder for Capitan and Yosemite .. fix serial

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/274218-guide-lenovo-thinkpad-t510510i-plus-t410-and-w510-106-107-108-109-all-working-ok-20131112-update/?p=2222345

will be fixing the Firewire error soon.

edit: seems sleep works in 10.10 not 10.11 for me. power button on and fan on.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Thank you all for the work!

I am searching for a *working* AppleHDA solution (i.e. include working mic).

And want to use the actual Yosemite HDA kext and not any kext from previous OSes...

Any hint...?

:)

Greets. Have fun!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I deleted me previous post, bеcause i had messed up the clover, everything boots fine now.

I still have some problems tho:

* TrackPoint doesn't work from time to time, when works it has super high sensitivity - can't find related settings in the kext ??

* Brightness doesn't work

* Sound - I fixed it for a second time now, but don't know for how long

* Sleep doesn't work

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The current config.plist identifies the T410 as a MacBook Pro 6.2, which should be OK. However, MacOS Sierra probably needs some adjustments. For example, there is a new method for enabling Nvidia Web Drivers in Clover.

I hope Codinger is able to update this guide to cover macOS Sierra 10.12.

• Like 1

The current config.plist identifies the T410 as a MacBook Pro 6.2, which should be OK. However, MacOS Sierra probably needs some adjustments. For example, there is a new method for enabling Nvidia Web Drivers in Clover.

I hope Codinger is able to update this guide to cover macOS Sierra 10.12.

I am also looking forward to the Sierra guide... :)

Hello everyone,

Here is a condensed updated install guide for macOS Sierra 10.12 on the Thinkpad T410 with Nvidia NVS 3100M card.

The only prerequisite is a working OSX 10.1X system.

Prepare USB

1. Make sure that 'Install macOS Sierra app' program is at /Applications
  2. Erase your USB device using Disk Utility (Name: USB, Format: OS X Extended Journaled, Scheme: GUID)
  3. Open Terminal and use the following command:
    sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --no interaction

4. Use Clover Configurator to mount the EFI partition on your USB device
  5. Install Clover EFI bootloader v2.3K_r3763 and select your USB device. Clover options: ESP, boot0af, CloverEFI 64bit SATA, Install RC Scripts
  6. Extract files from Codinger's zips called "T410_Extensions.zip" and "T410_Clover_Config_EC.zip"
  7. Move "config.plist" to "/EFI/CLOVER/" and "DSDT.aml" to "/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched"
  8. Move "T410_Extensions" to "/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other/" (Skip AppleHDA.kext)
  9. Boot your USB device and install macOS Sierra

Post Install   

1. After macOS installation, boot macOS Sierra using Clover on your USB device as your boot device
  2. Open Terminal and use the following command: sudo spctl --master-disable
  3. Use kext Utility and drag the the AppleHDA.kext from Codinger's "T410_Extensions.zip"
  4. Use Clover Configurator to mount the EFI partition on your USB device AND your macOS Sierra installation
  5. Copy all files from the USB device EFI partition to the macOS Sierra EFI partition

Now your macOS Sierra installation is bootable on its own. Enjoy macOS on your T410 :)

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anybody by chance happen to still have these files? I got El Capitan running on one of these machines and would really like to get sleep, battery etc. working :)

I'm running Sierra 10.12 on the T410i but I think sleep is not really running as the USB ports will be disabled after wake up, and I didn't find a solution till now. 

My problem at the moment is to do a good keyboard remap for "fn" keys and the German board layout as is.

Another problem ist that the touchpad not recognises a touch action, I have to press the touch mouse key.

3rd. my mousestick is too fast :) 

I'm running with dedicated Nvidia graphics just fine. 

• 7 months later...