New install won't boot past Apple Logo [x-post from tonymac forums]

xenicraft

9 posts in this topic

Hello All, 

Not sure if I'm allowed to do this but I posted the same question on the tonymac forums but I need help from as many people, as quickly as possible.

My hardware:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-GAMING 5

CPU: Intel i7 4790K

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (4GB DDR5)

RAM: 16GB G.Skill Value

My problem:

I used the 10.10.2 application with Tonymac's u.n.i.be.a.s.t to create a installer USB, then i tried to boot from it which gave me a bunch of trouble but I followed this thread, which told me to use the boot flags 

-x -v GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 cpus=1 maxmem=4096 dart=0

I did this and it finally booted, although the animations were very glitchy. It installed successfully but wouldn't boot past about 40% of the loading bar on the grey Apple screen.
So i booted into single user mode and deleted he NVD*.kext and a couple of the bluetooth kexts, which got me all the way to a DSMOS has arrived error.

I have verified that the SSD I installed to is fine by booting into it from my Macbook.
I bought the mobo and CPU as directed by the guides as they were listed as Compatible.
I've had a look in the BIOS and it's set to AHCI, with the iGPU set to Enabled and 64M.
I am not using the GTX 970 as I thought it would cause more trouble.
I successfully installed Windows 8.1 on a second SSD, but I unplugged all the other drives except for the USB installer and the SSD boot drive.
Screenshot of verbose output leading up to error: http://imgur.com/0FNY6LJ

Honestly I was led to believe that this would be a relatively simple process, just follow the simple installation instructions and away you go! Right?...

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance,
rogue

Hello All, 

Not sure if I'm allowed to do this but I posted the same question on the tonymac forums but I need help from as many people, as quickly as possible.

My hardware:

My problem:

I used the 10.10.2 application with Tonymac's u.n.i.be.a.s.t to create a installer USB, then i tried to boot from it which gave me a bunch of trouble but I followed this thread, which told me to use the boot flags 

I did this and it finally booted, although the animations were very glitchy. It installed successfully but wouldn't boot past about 40% of the loading bar on the grey Apple screen.

So i booted into single user mode and deleted he NVD*.kext and a couple of the bluetooth kexts, which got me all the way to a DSMOS has arrived error.

I have verified that the SSD I installed to is fine by booting into it from my Macbook.

I bought the mobo and CPU as directed by the guides as they were listed as Compatible.

I've had a look in the BIOS and it's set to AHCI, with the iGPU set to Enabled and 64M.

I successfully installed Windows 8.1 on a second SSD, but I unplugged all the other drives except for the USB installer and the SSD boot drive.

Screenshot of verbose output leading up to error: http://imgur.com/0FNY6LJ

Honestly I was led to believe that this would be a relatively simple process, just follow the simple installation instructions and away you go! Right?...

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

rogue

sr .. but motherboard computer of u .. have support mode UEFI > u need change usb install with method this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH9TDSlejPc

if u never .. u try vmware install and vmware install u need create usb :D this follow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsa21PxXdC0 

• Like 1

uhhh sorry that doesn't help at all. I can't understand the video as I can't read the viet text, and sorry what does VMware have to do with this?

I need someone that can type English and give clear instructions, please and thank you.

If the above helpful post doesn't meet your 'need' you might read this:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/275941-very-important-please-read-about-tonymacx86-and-iatkos-m/

If I were you, I would Make sure I didn't have anything I didn't want to lose (or back everything up) and reinstall with a different install Method. Maybe creating a Yosemite install usb/dvd and using an i boot cd or nawcom cd. And if that does not work I would just use an installer like Niresh. Sometimes you Just gotta do whatever it takes 

Hello All,

My hardware:

My problem:

So i booted into single user mode and deleted he NVD*.kext and a couple of the bluetooth kexts, which got me all the way to a DSMOS has arrived error.

Screenshot of verbose output leading up to error: http://imgur.com/0FNY6LJ

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

rogue

You can boot with your graphics card installed. Set graphics card as your primary video adapter in BIOS and disable the internal graphics.

Then boot with the flags "dart=0 nv_disable=1 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -v"

I think because of kext deletion now your booting got stucked, mightbe you deleted some important kext too.

Any how try to boot with "-x -f -v" in this situation. If it is still stucking at the same portion then it is better to reinstall OS X with your graphics card installed and mentioned bootflags in place.

Good Luck..!

Well it is easy to follow so the error is something you are doing or not doing. I have Gg z97x Gaming 5, SSD, Ga 970 G1 and Yosemite works. The only problem I ever had was I put a different boot on the ssd. It would boot but errors. I just never got around to fixing it. I boot from another drive

Now I never followed tonymac. To many times for ME they say what works or not works and wrong to many times. So I used someone elses boot usb programs. I dont even remember whos.. it was some torrent at the time and I made a usb. That would install it on any motherboard I had lol.

You should not have deleted the bluetooth kexts. Most people misunderstand the problem of "Bluetooth.........Transport successfully connected" error and delete bluetooth kexts.

Maybe you can try this:

Boot into single user mode using flags -v -f -s

Make a folder named Backup and move all the graphics related kexts from /System/Library/Extensions to the Backup folder using the following command:

fsck -fy

mount -uw /

mkdir Backup

cd /System/Library/Extensions

mv -f ATI* AMD* NVD* GeForce* AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelFramebuffer* AppleIntelSNB* /Backup

touch /System/Library/Extensions

reboot

Now this should help you to go to the installer screen. But remember you might not get native/full resolution and acceleration.

Once you install the OS X successfully, then you can restore the proper kexts needed and do the necessary dsdt and kext patching.