GenericUSBXHCI::CreateRootHubDevice Bus 14 already taken

buttcrap

1 post in this topic

Hey guys,

When trying to boot my HP DV6 (Specs in signature) from my Chameleon 2,3 USB boot loader I get a 

GenericUSBXHCI::CreateRootHubDevice Bus 14 already taken

error.

My BIOS is unlocked using Donovan6000s F1.B unlock, and I'm using a DSDT I found for a DV6/DV7 that seems to be working (GenericUSBHXCI gives a message about not loading if I'm not using a DSDT)

So far, I've tried RehabMan's GenerichUSBXHCI, Patched Yosemite Beta AppleUSBXCHI, vanilla AppleUSBXCHI, and Maverick's GenericUSBHXCI found in this thread.

I've attached two pictures which might be relevant; the first one being of when the USB is initially mounted

post-1457188-0-58549300-1423714415_thumb.png

and this next one a picture of the actual error message.

post-1457188-0-36234600-1423714424_thumb.jpg

I'm booting with -v; USBBusFix=Yes stops the installer while it's still on the Chameleon mesh background, and -x seems to make the screen go black within 30 seconds. I've tried the UHCI and EHCI flags, but get the same result in my screenshots.

I'm not entirely well versed in this message and I can't find too much about it, so if anyone could provide some insight it would definitely be appreciated. I'm wondering if making my own DSDT could help, but I'm hesitant to take the time to do the DSDT if it's not even a variable. 

It's worth noting that my USB ports are working, I plugged in another USB just to see what would happen and verbose showed the filesystem etc. It just seems that each port I try has 'Bus 14 Already Taken'