Working R7 240 in Mavericks

Slice

40 posts in this topic

Did you patch Ati controller?

My monitor is VGA and im using HDMI converter its work normal but i can't get the qe/ci R7 240 DDR5 2Gb

No, I didn't patch anything. I did only those I said in the first post.

There may be a problem to get QE/CI by HDMI. The connector is not intended for 3D graphics.

You'd better look for DVI->VGA converter.

• 2 weeks later...

I tested with cI tested with clover , putting fakeid

This is the processor amd

This is the processor amd

in tin ffijfin the video card is a label that says 11202407

Make DSDT fix for Display

Apply DsdtFixMask=0x00000000 old way
And set FBName=Buri if this is mobile graphics.

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

working well in Sierra?

I'm about to test Sierra once it downloads from the App Store. (will edit with results)

EDIT: forgot to make a few changes, reinstalling

EDIT #2: it's not showing up anymore. Upgraded from Yosemite. (maybe I did something wrong, I'm checking atm)

EDIT #3: I reverted back and seem to be stuck in a kernel panic every time I inject. Fixdisplay was also injected - will post logs later

EDIT #4: can confirm that it does work in Sierra.

• Like 1

My R5 240 works in el capitan with Fake-ID:0x67981002   FBname: Oland 

The R5 240 is an OEM card. 

I have a Dell one. I can get it work in the sense that I can boot, and the appearance of acceleration i.e. no screen tearing, metal supported etc.. but if I try running Geekbench and opencl compute the screen crashes. 

Can you please try running a Geekbench compute test on your system and post a screen shot?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am summarizing a few days effort here and so details may be missing.

I managed to get this card, a Sapphire R7 240,  "working" on 10.12.1 Sierra with what looks like "acceleration" on the desktop.

I used various tools, creating the USB installer with the standard 39## series of Clover, once installed I had to use ##### because manually attempting to get Clover to work failed. Then after ##### I could only boot using a USB which had a Clover install of 3650.

Versions 37## and 39## Clover did not want to boot properly.

I could not get the card to work with 10.11.6 El Capitan.

I don't know what I did to get it to work in one case and not the other, but I think it may have to do with Clover and my lack of understanding how Clover works. I was trying to run multiple OS X installs on a single hard drive and none of them were booting without a USB.

I can confirm that the card appears to work offering acceleration in OSX 10.12.1 Sierra on the desktop but running the OpenCL test on Geekbench fails with a system lock up. No screen shot is therefore possible. Whether this constitutes as correctly working acceleration is questionable.

Hi,

I am summarizing a few days effort here and so details may be missing.

I managed to get this card, a Sapphire R7 240,  "working" on 10.12.1 Sierra with what looks like "acceleration" on the desktop.

What FB did you use to get it working on OS X 10.12.1?

• 5 months later...