10.4.8 Kiko upgrade killed OS X :(

jujubeanie21

13 posts in this topic

Okay, so I got OSX all up and running yesterday. Sweet. Anyway, I'd love to upgrade to .8 (having only .3). I have the Kiko combo upgrade, which I have tried and failed with. SInce I am new, I don't know the workings of all of this, but can I perhaps use an Apple update to get to anything below .8, and then use that Kiko combo upgrade? I appreciate any help :)

Ah, the man/woman him/herself :2cents: Thanks. I'm getting 10.4.7 JaS-- that okay? (i tend to seek confirmation on big things such as these, sorry).

BTW, this one I'm getting, the ISO is ~3.1GB, whereas the 10.4.3 one was ~4.3GB... how can that be? (well, its rared, but still...)

Thanks for the help guys.

Okay, so I got OSX all up and running yesterday. Sweet. Anyway, I'd love to upgrade to .8 (having only .3). I have the Kiko combo upgrade, which I have tried and failed with. SInce I am new, I don't know the workings of all of this, but can I perhaps use an Apple update to get to anything below .8, and then use that Kiko combo upgrade? I appreciate any help :D

I upgraded from 10.4.4 to 10.4.8 with Kiko RC1 combo and it couldn't be more rock solid. CI/QE/OpenGL, all enabled.

It never panics and sleep/wakes up o.k. I almost never reboot (I only do it because some software installation requires it).

whats a repack?

JaS originally published the 10.4.7 install DVD as a compressed DMG file. Typical Windows and Linux utilities used for opening DMG files wouldn't open the file properly. But a compressed DMG can be opened from within OSX. So, someone opened the DMG in OSX and made an ISO out of it and published that. Because he repackaged it, it is called a "repack".

Does this 10.4.8 update screw with OpenGL stuff. I have a Radeon x300 witht he koverg and Callisto patched to get 1280x800 resolution with CI/Quartz and the highest OS I caould use is 10.4.5 because The 10.4.6+ discs Cause my graphics to go all funky color gradients. I tried replacing the drivers and OpenGL frameworks but then it just crashed a lot.