Looking for short (!) mini PCI-E to PCI-E 1x adapter for BCM94360CD

VirusX

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

to get handoff working on my hackintosh, I bought the BCM94360CD card from eBay together with a mini PCI-E to PCI-E 1x adapter which looks like this.

My problem is than my GA EX58 UD5 has a cooler (north bridge maybe?) directly at the PCI-E 1x slot so that I can't put the adapter card into the slot. I would need a shorter adapter card like this one here.

However, I have no luck finding just the adapter card anywhere in the web. Maybe you know where to get it?

Putting the card into other PCI-E slots doesn't seem to work: When I put the adapter in the 4x slot or the 16x slot (second one - the first one is occupied by my graphics card), my computer won't boot up anymore. It would just hang after I selected the partition to boot from in Clover with a black screen. No error message.

When I put the adapter card in the PCI-E 8x slot, the computer would boot up but wifi and BT is not recognized.

The card works fine with windows in another computer (Win7 32bit) so either my main board is broken or I really have to use the 1x slot...

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

thank you for your responses. I should probably include aliexpress in my searches in the future since apparently not all chinese sellers also offer their stuff on eBay...

when I was looking for the mini pci-e to usb adapter, I stumbled upon a PCI-E extension cable. That might also solve my problem, right? I might try that first since it's cheap and the other adapter would be another $30.

The problem with the mini pci-e to usb adapter is the antennas. I could just use the ones from my current PCI-E 1x card, though...

• 1 month later...

quick follow-up: I bought an extension cable which seems to work. Kind of. I have severe Wifi problems and I discovered that the bluetooth module on my BCM94360CD card is not the apple one but a broadcom one:

BCM20702A0:

Vendor ID: 0x0a5c (2652)–<–Broadcom

Product ID: 0x22be (8894)

A genuine imac 2013 card should have

BCM20702B0

Vendor ID: 0x05AC (1452)<–-Apple

Product ID: 0x828D (33421)

So I will send my card back to china... sigh