dmtster

change macpro 3,1 designation to macpro 5,1

2 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

a few years ago i installed the iAtkos L2 on a super micro x7dal  dual xeon e5420 ( non- hyper threaded) ; everything worked fine.  I recently upgraded hardware to a super micro x8dti-ln4 with dual x5670's ( hyper threading capable cpu).   Since i had a bunch of stuff installed and configured for the original hardware, I moved the HD as is to the "new" hardware and it booted just fine; however, the mac designation is still "mac pro early 2008" and only 12 cores (2 x 6 core cpus) showing up.   The "new" cpus are hyperthread capable and the macosx should show 24 cores under the cpu usage window.  

My question is how do i update the SMBios (or which ever) to:

1)  enable hyperthreading of the new xeon  X5670's

2)  show that this is a macpro 4,1 or 5,1  late 2010 

thanks in advance

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MaLd0n
      Now have a Olarila app, just download app and clover folder for your Chipset! https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=6771   Install MacOS with Olarila Image, Step by Step, Install and Post Install

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8685

-Install, check here 
      http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/323052-guide-sierra-high-sierra-on-intel-5-6-7-8-and-9-chipset-series-nehalem-sandybridge-ivybridge-haswell-broadwell/

-Clover Folder 
      CLOVER.zip

-DSDT 
      DSDT.MaLd0n Supermicro X10DAI.zip

-DSDT Patches 
      -FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -HPET -SATA -sSATA -DMAC -SLPB -DARWIN -LPC -XHCI -EHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -ALZA to HDEF -HDEF -RTC -IRQs -SBUS -BLC0 -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -LAN #1 -LAN #2 -SPSR -WIFI -EC -PNLF -HDMI -NVME -Geekbench 

-SS 

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders! Apple, Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, MMido and many, many, many others!   We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!  
    • By superdooper71
      Hi all,
      I hope someone can help me as I am struggling with this bloody installation.
      I am running on several problems that I can't face : (

First of all my config:
      Mobo: ASROCK H81M-DGS R2
      CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1220 v3 @3.10ghz
      RAM: 16gb DDR3 1600Mhz
      SSD: Crucial BX100 120Gb SSD
      Monitor: Hp 27w Hdmi

POST Installation CLOVER

Current Issues:
      • System will not boot (clover boot loader do not shows up) from SSD
         - System boot only with USB stick
      • Screen Resolution is only 1024x768
      • Monitor recognised as 17" instead of 24"
      • Monitor identified as secondary
      • Grafic Card Geforce GT710 shows 0 Mb
      • System info do not match Config.plistin Clover

I attach screenshot of System Info, Kext in Clover, Resolution etc etc.

Please can someonhelp me?

Please can you tell me what is the Clover Parameter to activate when installing Clover  (Clover_v2.4k_r4722) into Boot Disk?

I hope someone can help me out of this little troble: )

Cheers
      Franco

system info.tiff
      kext.tiff
      resolution.tiff
      system.tiff
      config.plist
    • By FrankWalter
      Bello everyone, when I start the installation of macos high sierra I get the error in the title, I use the distro of niresh in legacy mode. Reading many posts I saw that many advised to set FixHeaders in true, ignoring the fact that it was already so I think it does not make any effect because as I'm in legacy mode use chameleon, however I am attached I leave the error screen and below the specifications of my pc.

HP Proliant DL380 Gen 7
      2 x Intel Xeon E5620
      RAM 24 GB ddr3 1066
      Raid controller hp p410i with 8 SAS 72 gb 10k (I get the error also without this)
      Amd rx 470 (I get the error also with integrated)
      Integrated USB 2.0
      4 x Intel gigabit Ethernet (I get the error also without these)

• By x_sirius
      Hi, I would like to know if you can help, I have a problem with my old system, I have tried to install High Sierra, but I have not managed to make the acceleration of graphics work on my video card NVidia Geforce 9400 GT, eh intendo a lot of methods without Any success, the system recognizes my card and all its data correctly but the acceleration of graphics does not work, this problem is due to install a processor Xeon e5450 3.0ghz Mod 771 to 775 LGA, since installing this peocesador the graphics stopped working and what appeared was a glitch on the screen that shows absolutely nothing, to enter the system I had to enter with bootflags nv_disable = 1 in clover configurator, I have managed to see in other post information to this problem and say that it has been solved with the bootflag npci = 0x2000 and npci = 0x3000 to solve the Glitch on the video card, in my case the boot system is restarted, after a lot of frustration for wanting to start with the graphics, delete all the kexts of graphics cards ATI, Nvidia, from the folder System \ library \ Extensions \ and success !! .... the glitch of the graphic card disappeared completely, the problem of the glitch on the screen was generated by the kexts nvidia, now I can start with Inject Nvidia, but e peoblema is that now the graphics do not work with acceleration, I do not know what to do with this peoblema, my motherboard is Intel DG41TY. another person suggested modifying my dsdt.alm but I could not compile the code provided to me, I get an error in DSDTSE. please maybe you can help me with this problem. I will leave you the link where is the information to compile the code of my nvidia geforce 9400 to my dsdt.alm...... I am the user X_SIRIUS https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-geforce-9400gt-on-sierra-not-works-ok-kernel-panic-nvdastartup-kext.206208/page-2#post-1793409 

I'm trying to install the code in the dsdt.alm I copy the respective code to my Geforce 9400 GT 1024MB nvidia card.

But when I want to compile the file, the DSDTSE program tells me that I have 1 error, 3 warnings, 1 remarks, 49 optimizations.

I try to find the file dsdt.alm that the program saved and I can not find it.

My Motherboard is Intel DG41TY.

here I will upload my dsdt of my current mother card, maybe you can help me compile the code without errors, please

This is my DSDT from my Motherboard Intel DG41TY acpi_dsdt.aml

And This Is The Code text DSDT for Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT 1024MB
      Device (PEGP) { Name (_ADR, 0x00010000) // _ADR: Address Device (GFX0) { Name (_ADR, Zero) // _ADR: Address Name (_SUN, One) // _SUN: Slot User Number Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) // _DSM: Device-Specific Method { Store (Package (0x1C) { "@0,compatible", Buffer (0x0B) { "NVDA,NVMac" }, "@0,device_type", Buffer (0x08) { "display" }, "@0,display-cfg", Buffer (0x08) { 0x03, 0x01, 0x03, 0x00 }, "@0,name", Buffer (0x0F) { "NVDA,Display-A" }, "@1,compatible", Buffer (0x0B) { "NVDA,NVMac" }, "@1,device_type", Buffer (0x08) { "display" }, "@1,display-cfg", Buffer (0x08) { 0xFF, 0xFF, 0x00, 0x01 }, "@1,name", Buffer (0x0F) { "NVDA,Display-B" }, "NVCAP", Buffer (0x14) { /* 0000 */ 0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00, /* 0008 */ 0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x07, /* 0010 */ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 }, "NVPM", Buffer (0x1C) { /* 0000 */ 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, /* 0008 */ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, /* 0010 */ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, /* 0018 */ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 }, "VRAM,totalsize", Buffer (0x04) { 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x40 }, "device_type", Buffer (0x0D) { "NVDA,Parent" }, "model", Buffer (0x17) { "NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT" }, "rom-revision", Buffer (0x25) { "NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT OpenGL Engine" } }, Local0) DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0)) Return (Local0) } } } https://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/01/advanced-dsdt-fixes-nvidia-graphics.html
      this is the procedure to follow, but I can not compile the code to my DSDT, please be eternally grateful if someone can help me with this, because I get errors in the DSDTSE editor, I attach an image of the errors that the Program. 

And this is the Glitch, kexts Nvidia error whit Xeon E5450..