GA Z68X-UD3H-B3 Yosemite Installation (Success)

bluenote56

4 posts in this topic

Hi I’m posting this hoping it can be useful for the owners of a GA Z68X UD3 HB3 motherboard.

I’ve been trying to install Yosemite on this system for a long time without success since I always got stuck on the usual PCI configuration begin etc..

I was using my Yosemite Chameleon USB that I had prepared following the guide by chris1111 here in the forum and that I had already used with success on my GA Z77X UP4 TH.

Well after reading everywhere to search for a solution, I eventually succeeded in installing it still on F12 Bios and without Clover, using old AppleACPIPlatform.kext from 10.9.5  and installing it on my USB Yosemite with Kext Wizard.

Then I rebooted again from the USB, chose the new Yosemite HD and as soon as I reached the desktop I installed latest Chameleon boot loader. Then after the usual Apple procedure and always with Kext Wizard, I installed the following Kexts: AppleACPIPlatform.kext (from 10.9.5), NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, RealtekRTL8111.kext, GenericUSBXHCI.kext, AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext for sound (from 10.9.5).

With ChameleonWizard I set as in pic 1 and chose MacPro 3,1 definition.

Don’t forget to put <key>Kernel</key>

<string>/System/Library/Kernels/kernel</string>

instead of mach kernel

Then with Kext Utility repair all and reboot.

It works like a charm.

Of course create a new folder on your Yosemite installation USB with all the kexts and utilities to copy/use on your new Yosemite HD. I didn’t change anything in Bios settings from Mavericks.

Hope it helps and that I didn't forget anything. Good hack.

edit: in case someone needs, I put also my kexts. 

post-1154930-0-47467500-1420623232_thumb.jpg

kexts.zip

Extra.zip

• Like 1

thanks for your advice. You know, since I'm not used to Clover (never used it in my builds) I tried with Chameleon. It's already great I could get Yosemite installed on this mobo but it doesn't mean I can't try later with Clover after updating to UEFI Bios.