Yosemite USB3

7 posts in this topic

Hi all

Usb 3 in yosemite is not functioning like in mavericks. How do I make it work again? In mavericks it was working all fine with GenericUSBXHCI.kext from rehabman. I tried the latest one for yosemite but no luck.

Though you can see that usb 3 is recognized in "About my mac". As you can see here its showing up but not working.

The kext I am trying is attached.

My specs are in signature if anything is not clear enough please ask. Ive done research about it but not found anything useful, so please share your knowledge.

Hack1

RehabMan-Generic-USB3-2014-1016-2.zip

I have the same chipset and been using the Oyen Digital kext without any trouble since 10.8.

I'm changing the vendor/device IDs in the DSDT to match the correct NEC chipset so I can use the kext unmodified but it should also work by just editing/removing IOPCIMatch from the kext's info.plist.

USB 3 partly works, thanks!

I removed IOPCIMatch from info.plist and installed the kext.

The usb3 port work with external hard drives, usb drives but not my iPhone nor usb mouse through a hub. A little bit slow but a fully compatible usb port is more important. It also prevents sleep.

My iPad 4 works and charges fine here. You need to inject the current fix for USB to allow charging higher-powered devices. For me, injecting it for USB2 also fixes USB3.

Sleep works with injecting clock-id.

The same fixes are required for USB2 as well. I do it all here in DSDT but it may also be possible with Clover.

My iPad 4 works and charges fine here. You need to inject the current fix for USB to allow charging higher-powered devices. For me, injecting it for USB2 also fixes USB3.

Sleep works with injecting clock-id.

The same fixes are required for USB2 as well. I do it all here in DSDT but it may also be possible with Clover.

Usb tends to work oob so there not much I know about inject fix. Is there a guide of some sort.