Pre-release OS X Yosemite 10.10.2

Wayang-NT

120 posts in this topic

Patched kexts (broken signature) on /S/L/E are loaded as usual.

Good to hear! But I'd also really wonder if they would disable that. I mean in that case, if you want to develop a kext you'd have to sign it even before it exists. So I hope this "hole" will be open for us for quite some time. The only case where I see a potential problem is with the native Apple kexts, so we could have problems with TrimEnabler and AppleHDA patches in the future.

• Like 1

if you want to develop a kext you'd have to sign it even before it exists.

mmmh, yes and not

Devs always have (or can have) a signed kext when building because the keychain always contain the certificate of their paid Dev Account, and Xcode "Buil Phases" can contain the script to automatically sign that kext every time a Dev push the "Build" button.. 

kext-dev-mode was only to help those who had not yet paid their $100

So I hope this "hole" will be open for us for quite some time

Agreed!

• Like 2

Devs always have (or can have) a signed kext when building because the keychain always contain the certificate of their paid Dev Account, and Xcode "Buil Phases" can contain the script to automatically sign that kext every time a Dev push the "Build" button.. kext-dev-mode was only to help those who had not yet paid their $100

Oh, thanks for the clarification. But well, now I am not so optimistic anymore .... so we'll see. But I admit I am worrying ...

Ha ha ha, be optimistic, sometimes I talk too much :hysterical:

​I am not optimistic, I am realistic ;)

But frankly: don't you see Apple locking down OS X more and more since 10.9? Or am I hallucinating? So why should they stop at this point?

Why not make a (paid) developer account mandatory? So they can lock down the OS even more (and this lock could be quite serious, just try to boot your hack without kext-dev-mode), prevent "anonymous" software and earn even more money - all at once. Sounds like a good plan, right? ​And the realist in me says that this will be coming. Not that I want that, but mark my words! Then some will finally have their "real challenge" ...

In the past peoples had to pay for everything. Now OS is Free, Xcode is free (with Microsoft you have to pay for everything). I do not think that a developer account will continue to cost so much in the future, but unfortunately they also will want to know who built a driver and go for verification (like happen for the sand boxes applications in the MAS). Yes, this will happen sooner or later (in 10.11?), but I do not think that will cover Yosemite.

Ok, I'll stop talking ^_^

Ok, I'll stop talking ^_^

Unfortunately, you may be right. But I also stop talking, speculating makes not much sense at this moment.

I'd say, let's wait for 6/8/2015. Then we may get some more information.

• Like 1

OK, I had no problems whatsoever installing build 14C99d.  However, now that it's installed, I've noticed that my wifi drops out after a few hours.  I have to turn wifi off and turn it back on and the problem goes away.  The prior version had better wifi IMO.  Wifi was one of the areas that 10.10.2 focused on.  I hope they get it right before the final release.

installed.. same old story I had to install hd 3000 audio and trim again. Preview app. still messy.

I use Clover and didn't have to re-apply anything. Trim is patched on-the-fly at boot and extra drivers are injected at boot too. OSX volume always remains vanilla :-)

No I'm not trying to sell Clover, it s just my personal experience.

• Like 1

I use Clover and didn't have to re-apply anything. Trim is patched on-the-fly at boot and extra drivers are injected at boot too. OSX volume always remains vanilla :-)

No I'm not trying to sell Clover, it s just my personal experience.

FakeSMC, patched AppleHDA, everything?

Personally I use Clover to load FakeSMC + plugins, Mieze's Realtek and Toleda's realtekALC kexts. As for AppleHDA, if you use Toleda's method you won't need to re-patch as it doesn't overwrite the kext but add files instead. So for now thanks to Clover + Toleda's patch (any other similar solution should work too) I've got an update proof system.