GA-Z97X-UDH5 boot failure Clover UEFI - AppleACPIPlatformExpert::start failed

Ron Lemmens

19 posts in this topic

Today I replaced my 'old' main board (GA-H87N-WIFI) with the GA-Z97X-UDH5, while keeping my CPU, memory, SSD. For some reason I can no longer boot from any device, not the previously working SSD (Yosemite 10.10), nor any newly created installer USB (MBR or UEFI)?!?

After selecting the boot device in the Clover menu it starts booting but shortly after it ends with a kernel panic:

"Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"

I already tried various boot flags, including -x -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No, but always with the same result.

Where do I have to start looking, I'm a bit lost now.

I thnk I have the same problem as you but difference way.

I have fully working Yosemite and I then bought a BMC94360CD along with PCIe 1x card convert adapter and installed it in PCIe slot on my motherboard.

I get kernel panic  "Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu........./iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1590".

If I remove the card, I can boot into Yosemite like normal. The card is work find both Wifi and bluetooth in Windows 8.1 Pro.

Keep searching for the solution almost 2 weeks already.

Meteorite, that same card and adapter is still on it's way, and in fact was one of the reasons to move to this full size ATX board.

I will first try to get it back running with the SSST and setting mentioned above, I then wait and see what happens when I insert the adapter/BMC card?!?

I'm back up and running, what is did was the following:

1. Copied the Config.plist and SSDT.aml from the Rampage's Haswell DMG to my Installer USB (previously created, same procedure as Rampage).
  2. Booted from USB and in Clover selected the HDD partition to continue.
  3. Succesfully booted into Yosemite
  4. Copied the SSDT.aml from the USB EFI partition to the HDD EFI partition
  5. Merged the Config.plist from the USB with the one on the HDD EFI partition, mainly to keep the SMBIOS settings to avoid iMessage/Facetime registration issues.
  6. After rebooting I had to clear the network configuration because the Atheros network adapter was assigned to en3, which caused problems with iMessage/Facetime.
  7. Everything is working (network assigned to en0).

Next step is to try the ALC audio patches, but there is no real need because I use a USB audio solution (Focusrite with active speakers).

Joshua and Meterite, thanks for your help and suggestions, donation for Rampage is on its way!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yes ALC1150 works (by toleda's patch; clover patch method).

update: AirPort is working now with SSDT and kext from Rampage's blog. :thumbsup_anim:

I finally got my BCM94360CD card with PCIe adapter and I installed it, bluetooth works but it doesn't detect the WiFi network adapter?!?

Did you have to do anything special to get it working?

​Found the problem: had to install the adapter in a PCIe 1x slot (power requirements), it's now working :-)

Yes, stuck about a week try to fix with many solutions found on many site including Apple forum. But none is working. 

I then decide to do a full restore my iPhone5 with iOS 8.1.1(.ipsw) 

-Backup iPhone and do a full restore on iPhone, restore iPhone with your recently backup

-Sign out iCloud and any apple ID related on iPhone then restart iPhone

-Sign out iCloud on hackintosh and sign in again.

-Sign in again on iPhone.

-Turn off Airdrop on iPhone.

-restart both hackintosh and iPhone

-Now browse some web on iPhone handoff should works also instance hotspot.

*No need to pair Bluetooth to get it works.

*Not sure the order of step above is matter.

*No idea about iPad but it should works.

*Mine works event I did not sign in iMessage and FaceTime (Error cannot setup iMessage/FaceTimewith with my apple id and get customer support code)

*Dont forget to enable Handoff on iPhone and Hackintosh.

I'll make a call to Apple Support to solve my apple id today.

Yes, stuck about a week try to fix with many solutions found on many site including Apple forum. But none is working. 

I'll make a call to Apple Support to solve my apple id today.

Don't call Apple because since a few days they have strengthen their registration process for iMessage/FaceTime. Customer support is no longer able to enable your device based on the Customer Code you give them, it will fail to register.

The only working solution is to insert a real MLB/ROM code.

Meteorite,

iMessage/FaceTime is working again (thanks to my sister's MBP  :P).

Airdrop is also working both ways.

I had handoff working shortly, but now I'm not able to get it working again?!?

I already did the following with no success:

- signed off/on from iCloud on iPhone and hack

- deleted /L/P/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist

- switched off/on Bluetooth

Is your Handoff still working?

Yes, It's still working.

I usually turn off bluetooth on my iPhone when I sit in front off my PC and turn bluetooth on it's takes 2-3 minutes to start working. 

Unfortunately, No one around me had a mac. It very expensive just 1 iMac you can buy up to 2 motorcycles.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes ALC1150 works (by toleda's patch; clover patch method).

update: AirPort is working now with SSDT and kext from Rampage's blog. :thumbsup_anim:

Meteorite,

I am having the exact same Kernel Panic.  I am using a different motherboard (GA-Z97X-UD7 TH), but followed rampages's instructions and have put the SSDT for my motherboard, that is in Rampage's Haswell dmg file, into /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED.  You mention the SSDT and a kext.  Can you give more detail on what kext you are referring to?  I have used the ones that are mentioned in his install instructions.

Thanks!