Intel 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family SATA IDE Controller

plipli

4 posts in this topic

Hi everybody :)

After some years being away from the hackintosh world, I decided to come back and tried to install Yosemite on my weird chinese mini computer (mobo WTM-i5HX, Intel Celeron 1037U).

Unfortunately I cannot enable AHCI. There is nothing I can do, I checked everywhere and there is no BIOS version to do that. My internal hard drive is not detected by the OSX setup, I can boot with no problem using the latest Chameleon, all my drives/partitions are seen on the boot menu, the problem is that the Disk Utility doesn't see anything but my USB stick.

In the Windows device manager, I can found the hardware ID of the controller on which the disk is plugged in. It is 1c01, with the manufacturer 8086 (Intel), more information here: http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/8086

In the original AppleAHCIPort.kext, I can see that the 1c02 and 1c03 are configured for the Intel6SeriesAHCI. I tried a ratchet insertion here by adding <string>pci8086,1c01</string> and ended up with a KP. I'm feeling close to a solution but cannot pinpoint what to do, where to insert that or how to do it.

Do you have any idea? ^_^

Thanks!

Thanks for the idea kvonlinee, it was almost it!

I edited the original Yosemite IOATAFamily.kext  > plugins > AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext > Contents > Info.plist and injected in <key>ICH8 Serial ATA</key>. I replaced the original IOPCIPrimaryMatch by

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x1c018086</string>

and boom my HDD appeared :D

• Like 1