Core 2 Duo T9600 temperatures

howoarang

13 posts in this topic

Hi, in my laptop Dell Latitude e6500 I have CPU C2D T9600 @ 2,8GHz. My Temperature in IDLE mode is about 60-62 C per Core. I have latest FakeSMC.kext installed with CPU, GPU, LPC and ACPI sensor.kexts included.

Under Windows on same laptop I have temperatures in IDLE mode about 40-42 C. Why?

TJmax of this CPU is 105 C.

Can somebody help with its? How to configure DSDT.aml, or config.plist or some kexts to show correct temperature?

Mac OSX Yosemite, Clover bootloader.

Those temps do seem a little high (but not critically high)....

My XPS M1530 with C2D T9300 averages about 48-60 deg C.  P & C states generation is set in my config.plist - see my configuration here.

Temps running in OSX are typically about 10 deg C higher than in Windows 7 X64 due to non functioning C states on Dell C2D Laptops (even though AppleLPC.kext loads with DSDT edits, it remains non functional, hence the warning "WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized" in the boot messages.

@Slice mentions that "I think with Dell notebooks it is impossible because of LPC device is differ from Apple's".

Hi, here are my DSDT.aml, config.plist and IOreg.

C,P states are enabled in config.plist of Clover

AppleLPC is NOT loaded, see screen. It is needed to have AppleLPC loaded, if yes, how?

And I have 2nd question about voltage of CPU:

In Windows, my CPU has in IDLE mode voltage 0.9 V

In OS X is this voltage 1,01 V

CPU frequency + clock multiplier are the same in booth systems. In IDLE mode is frequency 798 MHz (800 Mhz in original) and multiplier 6x. (6 x 133MHz FSB = 798MHz)

In STRESS mode are 2,79 GHz (2,8GHz in original) and multiplier 10,5x (10,5 x 266MHz FSB). I think, these values are correct.

config.plist.zip

post-106794-0-40852500-1414483188_thumb.jpg

DSDT.aml.zip

e6500.ioreg.zip

@ jl4c - What you mean to boot with "Drop OEM" ? Sorry for my weak acknowledges. It is command to add in boot flags?

@ Hervé - T° are the same :(. Now, when the laptop was OFF about 2 hours, Temps are about 50 - 53°C. I think, it is good.

Oh yes,  I found it :)

this is IOREG again with "Drop OEM"

And I have one question:

Can the CPU has effect to correctly run of system time and playing videos in Safari? I take note that with system time is something wrong, as if it will be stopped or paused for a while and later goes well.

2nd problem is playing videos or movies via Safari. Almost in every playing videos is sound ahead about 2-3 sec. I don't know if it is bug in Yosemite. But in previous versions of OS X I used Chameleon bootloader and have no problems. And now, I am using Clover and have many problems like CPU temperature, paused system time, delay videos playing, slower, lagging and  freezing system animation...

e6500.ioreg.zip