shutdown troubles - reboots instead

sailor25462

122 posts in this topic

just boot once with nv_disable=1, so you can install the web driver. After that you need to activate the nv_drv=1 in the clover boot options (for ever, no matter which driver you select via nvidia pref panel)

And yes, you should disable the inject then. I also deselected fixdisplay.

Is this intended when selecting Nvidia Driver Manager?

post-1303722-0-52162400-1413930480_thumb.png

oh it's nvda_drv=1 - sorry!

Well, I got the next reboot with nvda_drv=1 and...I get the same error when selecting NVIDIA Driver Manager.

try to install web driver again normal way. I read that sometimes it's necessary.

you can also see in the boot log and iron if the nvidia drivers are active.

how's shutdown doing?

oh it's nvda_drv=1 - sorry!

try to install web driver again normal way. I read that sometimes it's necessary.

you can also see in the boot log and iron if the nvidia drivers are active.

how's shutdown doing?

Well...so far so good. First I tried to install it via Pacifist... And as you could see, that didn't work quite so well. After that, I tried to install it the normal way again (with nv_disable=1). And that actually worked! The installation was successful and the driver got installed.

Shutdown seems to work so far. But I would like to test it for a few more days to see how it goes.

It's sad that, with nv_disable=1, I get the loading bar where it should be, but in "normal mode", I get it on the bottom left.

My graphics card is now recognized as NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 2047 MB (204MB??). Is this a Clover issue?

Also another MB lost for the CPU. It's recognized as 3.19 GHz Intel Core i5 instead of 3.2 GHz...

Also, another thing that I actually enjoy is the fact that now the computer actually shuts down a lot faster! I had to wait about 15 seconds before. Now it's done in about 8-10. Which is pretty cool.

I have the lower left bar only when my internal graphics is activated. I turned it off and the bar was immediately back in the middle

But i'm pretty sure my iGPU is disabled already...

Do you have the second stage boot logo? Cause that's something that's missing in my case. The first stage boot logo is there though.

no, I don't think so. But that's for a millisec only anyway? ;-)

It's about 2 seconds in my case... :)) And it's not something that bothers me that much. But still...it's a bit frustrating since other people have it booting up pretty much perfectly.

By the way, I double checked. The iGPU is disabled in UEFI/BIOS. And the loading bar at boot time (the one for the second stage) is still displayed on the bottom left side... And it wasn't always like this. 

It's about 2 seconds in my case... :)) And it's not something that bothers me that much. But still...it's a bit frustrating since other people have it booting up pretty much perfectly.

By the way, I double checked. The iGPU is disabled in UEFI/BIOS. And the loading bar at boot time (the one for the second stage) is still displayed on the bottom left side... And it wasn't always like this. 

For me it's back in the middle. However, I also did a uefi "reset" to default. Maybe there are some other settings that may have a similar influence?

At the end, I think it's not so much important as long as everything is technically working as it should, right?

by the way: which profile did you set? I use iMac13,1

For me it's back in the middle. However, I also did a uefi "reset" to default. Maybe there are some other settings that may have a similar influence?

At the end, I think it's not so much important as long as everything is technically working as it should, right?

by the way: which profile did you set? I use iMac13,1

I don't know about BIOS reset. I did that too. Updated it too. And still no change.

Profile is iMac 14,1 in my case (tried 14,2 with the same result...).

And yeah, I definitely prefer a smooth functionality rather than a pretty logo and a centered loading bar.

Souldn't you better try 13,2 in your case?

14,1 has Intel Iris Pro 5200 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

I don't know, honestly... When I chose 14,1, I did it because of the CPU (which is a Haswell i5 4570) displayed in Clover Configurator. I didn't even think about the GPU. I thought that since GTX 650 is already supported, I shouldn't care much about that.

And for as far as I can see that 13,2 is for LGA 1155 which is also not the case for me...

I also have this problem with shutdown not working (it reboots instead!) with Yosemite final and latest Clover build.

So far I found two alternate solutions:

1) Disconnect the LAN cable before shutting down (yes I already had Wake on LAN disabled in BIOS and System Preferences...)

or

2) Enable Inject Nvidia as reported in this thread (+ set NVRAM=1024 for my Palit Geforce GTX 650 Ti).

The second solution looks much better, let's see if it works for more than 1 week :blush:

• Like 1

I also have this problem with shutdown not working (it reboots instead!) with Yosemite final and latest Clover build.

So far I found two alternate solutions:

1) Disconnect the LAN cable before shutting down (yes I already had Wake on LAN disabled in BIOS and System Preferences...)

or

2) Enable Inject Nvidia as reported in this thread (+ set NVRAM=1024 for my Palit Geforce GTX 650 Ti).

The second solution looks much better, let's see if it works for more than 1 week :blush:

Hello

Not sure how those are "alternate solutions". The second solution mentioned by you is already set as the working solution for this thread. And will work for as long as you want.

An alternative one for this, is installing the Nvidia drivers, adding nvda_drv=1 Boot flag and disabling Inject Nvidia.

They both work as intended.

About disconnecting the LAN cable...I'm not sure anyone will want to do that every time they shut down their computers.

Hello

Not sure how those are "alternate solutions". The second solution mentioned by you is already set as the working solution for this thread. And will work for as long as you want.

An alternative one for this, is installing the Nvidia drivers, adding nvda_drv=1 Boot flag and disabling Inject Nvidia.

They both work as intended.

About disconnecting the LAN cable...I'm not sure anyone will want to do that every time they shut down their computers.

Yes I know the solution (2) has been mentioned in this thread, I wrote it already, see my previous post.

Anyway, I really hope your solution is the final one, as it has been posted just 5 days ago...

There have been a lot of people having trouble with UEFI Clover. If you are having issues with shutdown I would suggest trying Legacy Clover. You can find my clover config screenshots in my profile. One thing that will be good to have is DSDT for your board.

If you have a GT640 card and are having blank screen problems you can either use the web drivers (linked in this thread) or replace all the kexts that start with NVDA With the DP1 version of the NVDA kexts. (Available in my profile/ attachments). You will need a kext Installing program to do this.

Inject Nvidia = No (unchecked)

If you don't have HDMI Audio via you Nvidia card search for HDMIAudio.kext

Yes I know the solution (2) has been mentioned in this thread, I wrote it already, see my previous post.

Anyway, I really hope your solution is the final one, as it has been posted just 5 days ago...

I saw your previous post. That's why I quoted it. :)

I'm pretty sure it's final, no matter when it's been posted. There were two people testing this pretty intensively. Sailor and myself. And before those 5 days there have been plenty of successful shutdowns and tests done. So I wouldn't worry about that.

Also, since then, I had no issues with the shutdowns, no matter which solution I applied. Need I say more?

Also, as I said above, that's not the only solution. So if, for some reason, that doesn't work for you, you can go for the second solution that requires installing the Nvidia drivers.

Anyway, feel free to test it yourself and come back with your own feedback. :)

Anyway I figured it out myself.

Here is what I had to do. Change the Key AddDTGP_0001 to false and the reboot Problem vanished.

<key>AddDTGP_0001</key>
<false/>
There is a similar case.

You can try this setings

<key>Fixes</key>
<dict>
        <key>FixShutdown_0004</key>
        <true/>
</dict>

or

<key>SlpSmiAtWake</key>
<true>

It adds SLP_SMI_EN=0 at every wake. It may help solve sleep and shutdown issues on UEFI boot.

but please read clover wiki  http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home

it may help you solve a lot of problems and clean your config.plist a bit.

in my case FixShutdown_0004 should be set to false to shut down to let  reboot Problem vanished

<key>Fixes</key>

<dict>
        <key>FixShutdown_0004</key>
        <false/>
</dict>

Very strange,my computer changed it's behavior,now whatever I change FixShutdown_0004 doesn't effect,But if I use FixOwnership set to true or false,my shutdown doesn't works,restart instead.I delete FixOwnership to let my computer shutdown works.Recently I only disable JMB363 in BIOS,but I enable it doesn't effect my USB.

For the person that had a black screen when using inject nvidia, here is my suggestion. Extract your dsdt from the clover menu, then boot with nvidia injection enabled and extract it with maciasl (I think you can extract the patched dsdt from the clover menu as well iirc). Compare the 2 and find out what exactly clover is injecting in regards to the graphics. Add that to your unmodified dsdt and then you can probably change it so that all your video ports will work. It's probably missing one or slightly incorrect or something.

I have upgraded two more units, also with GT 640 card (but other brand) and same motherboard. For those, the simple injection worked oob, so my guess is that my specific (Palit) card was not behaving well. (It also shows 2047MB instead of 2048 now after installing NVDIA web drivers.)