Suddenly Messages Stopped Working

Hackmodford

10 posts in this topic

Has anyone else had trouble with messages recently?

Nothing has changed on my computer that I'm aware of, messages just stopped working.

If I try to connect it wants me to call apple support and gives me a code.

I have tried checking the FixLAN option in clover and recreating my ethernet connections. Didn't work.

I have changed my credit card info. Didn't work

I have logged into imessage on another computer. (worked on that computer but doesn't work on my Hackintosh)

Any suggestions?

I'm getting the same thing here.  iMessage worked for years for me then I noticed yesterday it stopped.  When I try to log in I get the call apple message with a code.

I've tried changing my CC info (it had expired).  I also tried clearing nvram and using new serial #'s (system and MLB).   icloud appears to work fine though.

My ethernet is showing as en0 and shows as "built-in".

I've also experienced that messages stopped working. I have not changed anything on the computer so I assumed it was apple's doing. Facetime also seems to not work, but I don't use it enough to say it's the same problem as imessage.

Has anyone else had trouble with messages recently?

Nothing has changed on my computer that I'm aware of, messages just stopped working.

If I try to connect it wants me to call apple support and gives me a code.

I have tried checking the FixLAN option in clover and recreating my ethernet connections. Didn't work.

I have changed my credit card info. Didn't work

I have logged into imessage on another computer. (worked on that computer but doesn't work on my Hackintosh)

Any suggestions?

@Hackmodford,

Might be Apple checking serials more carefully if you are using generated ones....

iMessage & Facetime working fine here since I changed to using genuine serials from my Mac (Mavericks 10.9.4, Yosemite DP6, Clover r2795).

Check that the basics are OK eg ethernet is set to en0, NVRAM is working - refer to @pokenguyen AIO guide.

You can then use El Nono's imessage_debug tool to extract working serials from a real Mac (or Apple support verified Hack) ----> transplant these into your hack ---> profit :).  I've outlined my procedure in post#99.  Also have a look at this thread: iMessage and FaceTime - misbehaving again!

If there are still issues, upload the output from running imessage_debug tool on the hack here (you can hash out some or all the characters from your serials).  If everything is done properly, the output of running the debug tool on the Mac should be the same as when running the debug tool on the hack....

Good Luck!

Hmmm... I'm not sure where I will be able to get official serial numbers. This is a bummer :( The only official mac I have is a macbook from 2009. Can I use a different models serial numbers? I have my Hackintosh setup as iMac 13,2 or 13,1