Asus Maximus VII Formula - A little help

Ysharma

33 posts in this topic

Ysharma: you don't need these:

attachicon.giffs9Rh6s.png

AppleNForceATA.kext is for Nvidia Nforce SATA. Your motherboard doesn't have that, Nvidia don't even make those anymore. etc etc etc

That was just a last ditch attempt to fix the USB Problems, All I'm using is nullcpupowermanagement, famesmc and appleintele1000e

There is no need for that.

The Nvidia web drivers come with an installer that installs the drivers where they are supposed to be installed. They don't overwrite the existing Nvidia drivers, and you get a nice control panel where you can check for driver updates and switch back and forth between the web driver and the nvidia drivers that ship with OS X.

Don't get too hung up on not installing drivers in /System/Library/Extensions, after all that's where drivers get installed on a real Mac as well.

Clover's kext folder is for when you need to patch drivers that ship with OS X. If you keep your modified drivers in Clover's kext folder then they will survive system updates.

Apple system updates don't touch third-party drivers such as FakeSMC, the XBox 360 controller driver from tattiebogle.net, hnak's AppleIntelE1000e.kext, driver for outboard sound hardware etc etc.

Anything that isn't a patched Apple-shipping driver is fine to go in /System/Library/Extensions - just like on a real Mac.

Clover can also patch kernel extensions in /System/Library/Extensions for you. I can't be more specific, I still use Chameleon.

• Like 1

Okay thanks for the clarification, I am now booting with the 780ti enabled using the web drivers, using nvda_drv=1, and it's recognized by the OS! Next I think I'll hit ethernet, ill see how users of the maximus vi formula managed to get ethernet sound and wifi 

So I have the AppleIntelE1000e.kext in my clover/kexts/10.9 folder already, but there is no option for ethernet under networks. Does it need to go in s/l/e too?

I also took some time to dual boot windows 8.1 

Both Mavericks and 8.1 are running off of the same 240 GB ssd in pure GPT.

How do I get rid of all the other boot icons from clover I don't want? 

TWO  DIFFERENCE BOARDS

MAXIMUS VII HERO  250.00

Maxiumus VII Formula 350.00

Wifi Lan and audio are as Gringo said. (if your mb is Hero)

Formula:  Audio

ROG SupremeFX Formula 2014 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC:
- Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming
- SupremeFX Shielding Technology
- Cirrus Logic® CS4398 DAC: 120 dB SNR, -107 dB THD+N

LAN

Intel® I218V Gigabit LAN Controller, featuring GAMEFIRST III

- Intel® LAN Dual interconnect between the Integrated LAN controller and Physical Layer (PHY)

SPECIAL VERSION MAY BE ON UR BOARD