Yosemite Beta + Realtek RTL8111 Network adaptater = unstable connexion

MilesTEG1

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

Since I installed Yosemite on my computer (see CloverEFI V2 Special edition from Chris1111), I'm having strange issues with the network adaptator.
it's a realtek RTL8111 chipset.
The network seems to function correctly, as I access to internet et LAN, but at some point, it disconnect, reconnect, disconnect, reconnect... severals times, and after a certain amount of this seem to be stable again.
And sometimes, I've got only 100MBits while I've got 1000MBit other times.

It's annoying, and strange.

I use clover, and I don't use Mieze driver at this time ( http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287161-new-driver-for-realtek-rtl8111/ ) as I'm not sure the way to install it.

When I tried it, putting the kext in /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10/ (and also in kexts/others/) I have exactly the same symptoms.

Can you help me ?

Thanks for your help.

Miles

If you try mieze driver, just try to  install on EFI/Clover/kexts/other

same thing or try to install on S/L/E WITH KEXWIZZARD 

I have tried the two ways (one at a time ;)).

And with the two, I've got unstable connexion.

I loose connexion, gain it, loose agin... to the moment I have a connexion, but in 100Mbits, witch seems to be degraded...

I'll try to do again a clean install and see if it changes something...

Otherwise, on my hack I will stay to Mavericks...

And let Yosemite works on my macbook air.

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried the two ways (one at a time ;)).

And with the two, I've got unstable connexion.

I loose connexion, gain it, loose agin... to the moment I have a connexion, but in 100Mbits, witch seems to be degraded...

I'll try to do again a clean install and see if it changes something...

Otherwise, on my hack I will stay to Mavericks...

And let Yosemite works on my macbook air.

you try to install in S / L / E / IONetworkingFamily / Plugins?

For me the problem persists as i made a fresh install and i changed the card with an old one that i had but same results.First card was  RTL8169 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller  the second one was RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller and problem is only with Yosemite as this card works ok with 10.6,10.7,10.8,10.9, and windows from where this post is.

Edit:Rebooted to Yosemite and it is working for the moment,unknown for how long.