Only 2 instead of 4 processors showing in XP..help!

Mondoslug

8 posts in this topic

Please...

Not sure if I worded that right. Mac Pro 2.66 came today...way happy so far. I fired up Pro Tools on the Mac side & very impressive results so I installed Boot Camp. Install went pretty well & opened up an XP PTLE session and where I had a choice of 4 processors on the Mac side I only see 2 on the XP side. I think I've seen something about this & have searched the various forums but having no luck yet.

Any ideas? TIA!

Please...

Not sure if I worded that right. Mac Pro 2.66 came today...way happy so far. I fired up Pro Tools on the Mac side & very impressive results so I installed Boot Camp. Install went pretty well & opened up an XP PTLE session and where I had a choice of 4 processors on the Mac side I only see 2 on the XP side. I think I've seen something about this & have searched the various forums but having no luck yet.

Any ideas? TIA!

probably has something to do with bootcamp i would imagine. apple hasn't released an update for bootcamp since the mac pro came out, not all the drivers are there. my guess is that bootcamp doesn't have support for 4 cores yet, it only enables one of the chips (2 cores). probably something to do with how bootcamp does the how bios thing, only shows up as two cores (cause all other macs only have up to 2).

Thanks for the replys...I did install the Mac Drivers, maybe I'll do it again.

Rollcage: there is an updated version of Boot Camp which fixed the slow SATA transfer thingie I believe. I'm gonna be bummed if I can't access all the cores. Nuendo is pretty smoking on the XP side if it's only 2 cores. Thanks again.