Touchpad and Keyboard not working after installing stock ML

73 posts in this topic

Hello!

Is your OSX  270 GB GUID partitoned?

Look in S/L/E for Disabler.kext and put it to trash. Outdated PM Disabler.kext for AppleIntelCpuPM. You have also installed nullcpupm.kext. This is enough. Outdated duplicate is not needed.

By the way backlite of your keyboard is activated by bios, if you touch keyboard our touchpad and aslo the time of about 15 sec after last touch. Try if the functiion key to dimm or switch it off is also working. But it is a good sign, that it is working at this stage.

Have fun.

Yup, 270GB GUID.

I can take away any amount of Gigs I want and make it another partition  :yes: Just wanted to make it big so that it can fit all KEXTs and stuff... well.. maybe abit too big.

Alright, let me look for that disabler.kext.

The backlight think is not bad, lets leave it this way. I was really surprised it even worked  :wink_anim:

What about USB now? USB flash drives aren't detected on OsX  :( I have to place stuff on desktop then boot into linux, mount that partition, grab stuff from its users/desktop... then reboot back into OsX  :angel:

EDIT1:

Cant find any KEXT called disabler.kext.

I have the following KEXTs in /extra/extensions, could it be related to one of em?

Ispcidrv.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
Patched_10.7_AppleRTC.kext

I checked their info.plist files, but nothing there says "disabler" or "com.dong.Radeon.PCI"

Hello!

Add this to your org.chameleon.boot.plist to deactivate Virtualization, if it is not allready there:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>dart=0</string>

Let´s make a more safe option for you. Split your OSX partiton into two parts. Set the size for the new partition to 80 GB. Then set the new created partiton active and divide it in two partitons a 40 GB. Name one of them Clone and the other one ML. Download Carbon Copy Cloner. place it in App folder of your install and clone the installed OSX to partition clone. Then boot your Clone and install back all removed kexts. I´ll make you a package for a vanilla installer on flashdrive. But first we should be able to switch off your AMD gfx. I have a Lenovo Edge E320 with HD 3000 and AMD 6630m. Even with in Bios set gfx to switchable, I can boot normally with the hd 3000. The AMD one is showing up in system profiler without attached display like on your device.

Til now you have found some visible garbage in your install, but we don´t know how much hidden garbage has been done by creating the installer with MyHack scripts by altering original kexts. I personally don´t use any of these with script automated tools. I show you later on a simple way to create an usb installer with ML in some steps within 30 minutes. But therefore we need a clone and make on it usb working again.

Have fun.

Ok, will follow all the steps  :) .

But therefore we need a clone and make on it usb working again.

If all you need is an osx with usb enabled... I have vmware workstation on my desktop with osx on it. I can use it to create a vanilla installer if it is possible 

Hello!

Fine, but you have anyway to repartiton your OSX install, in the way I have suggested before, get the comboupdate 10 8.5, CCC  and your ML ESD image on your VM-ware workstation. Later on I will have a look at your SSDT files and make a kext package. Copy the attachment to your VM ware App folder. You´ll need it later.

Have fun.

ShowAllFiles.app.zip

Hello!

Fine, but you have anyway to repartiton your OSX install, in the way I have suggested before, get the comboupdate 10 8.5, CCC  and your ML ESD image on your VM-ware workstation. Later on I will have a look at your SSDT files and make a kext package. Copy the attachment to your VM ware App folder. You´ll need it later.

Have fun.

Wonderful  :D

I have already partitioned them as you said.

Cloning the current system partition to "Clone" partition.

Side note: the partition on which I have osx now wasn't 270GB... it was ~50GB, while the rest of the 270GB were unallocated  B)

EDIT1:

Downloaded the comboupdate and CCC.

Hello!

Let´s try to creat a vanilla ML Installer. But before you do this, rename your Extra folder on your temporary used Chameleon Bootstick to Extra-Bak and copy over the complete Extra folder from my package on it. Add your SMBios.plist to the new extra folder. I have tried with DSDT to switch of your AMD gfx-card. Boottime should be, if it works correctly nearly the same as before, perhaps some sec longer. Look in IORegestry Explorer if PEG0 has gone. If this is correctly working or at least, you can normally boot wth the new DSDT, then start the creation of the installer.

It is nearly the same as in this guide, but a bit shorter and in some points a bit differing. You can look at the pictures to clear up things: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/

1. Copy InstallESD.dmg to desktop of working OSX.

2. Use ShowHiddenfiles.app to make hidden files visible.

3. Mount InstallESD.dmg.

4. In mounted image right click open on OSX BaseSystem.dmg to mount it.

5. Fire up diskutility and repartiton your at least 8 GB usb flashdrive in MBR format, one partition, hfs+, renamed to USB.

6. Select menue restore in diskutility and drag OSX BaseSystem.dmg (left down corner) to source and your USB drive to target, Run restore.

7. After finished process, right click on the as source selected OSX BaseSystem.dmg and choose eject. Then close diskutility.

8. Do a right click information on OSX BaseSystem.dmg on desktop to proof, if it is the renamed usb stick with 8 GB. Rename the stick to Installer.

9. Open Installer and navigate to System/Installation. Put there the packages alias to trash and then create a folder Packages.

10. Copy the complete content of InstallESD.dmg/Packages/ folder to the new created folder Packages of your usb Installer.

11. Copy mach_kernel from InstallESD.dmg to the root of your usb installer.

12. Copy all kexts of folder Vaio of my package to S/L/E of your usb installer.

13. Fire up chameleon and do a standard install on your new usb installer.

13. Copy the complete content of my package (without the packfolder) to the root of your usb-installer. Add your currently used SMBios.plist to Extra folder.

14. Place CCC in postinstall/App/ folder and OSX 10 8.5 comboupdate to the root of your USB-installer.

15. Boot your Vaio with USB-installer with flags -f -v (not working add flag -x), bypass the Bluetooth search, if it is appering, by pressing space of your laptop keyboard, select prepared partiton "ML" to install OSX.

16. After install has finished, boot once again with your installer with flags --f -v to the install screen and fire up terminal. Type the folllowing commands:

cp -R /Vaio/*.kext /Volumes/ML/System/Library/Extensions/

chmod -R 755 /Volumes/ML/System/Library/Extensions

chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/ML/System/Library/Extensions

Additional for proofing, if kexts are in place:

cd /Volumes/ML/System/Library/Extensions/

ls

Then you should find there the kexts of your Vaio folder added.

17. Reboot with your usbInstaller with flags -f -v to your hdd ML install and finish installation with bypassing all of the Apple services.

18. After you have reached desktop, copy the Apps of postinstall to your Application folder. I´personally create always a folder with name Tools to place my Hacktools.

19. Copy over from volume ML S/L/E  IONetworkingFamily.kext to desktop, show package content with right click and add in PlugIns folder the ethernet kext of my package. Then install it back to S/L/E with your preffered kextutility. Install also the AGPM kexts of my package to S/L/E. Reboot with flags -f -v.

19. If you are able to boot successfully your new installation, erase the content of your Clone partiton and clone ML to it.

I´ll hope my suggestions are clear enough for you to follow them.

Have fun.

Green_orange.zip

Hello!

Please do your more important tasks first. Hackintoshing should be just for fun. Report back, if there is any progress with my package, when you have had the time for trying it. ;)

Have fun.

Exactly bro, I'm really glad that we agree on that  :w00t:

I'm workin on it right now

Followed all the steps and now I have the ultimate USB installer  :D

But when starting the install ("-f -v"), it gives me this:

CckjH4N.jpg

Tried "GraphicsEnabler=No". That only gave me separate lines instead of white lines.

hKzmy9f.jpg

"-x" also fails.

I remember having such errors before, but can't really recall how I resolved it. Maybe by removing other graphics Kexts.

Hello!

Please exchange DSDT.aml with attached one.

Have fun.

Tried this one, didn't work either. Same error.

Have you tried to boot with the new Extrafolder to boot your existing install?

Have fun.

Yeah u reminded me, I forgot to tell you this thing....I tried the new extra folder on the USB bootloader that we made earlier. It booted fine, but PEG0 wasn't gone.  :no: (This indicates that the ATi card isn't turned off, right?)

EDIT1:

Right now the USB installer is working with the old DSDT.aml. I got it fromthe "extra" folder of the OSx install itself.

Hello!

It is not so easy to switch of the AMD, because of structure of your ACPI tables. SSDT-4.dsl is giving a lot of errors at compiling. I have tried to implement the the switch off in DSDT. But that seems to be wrong, in the way I have it done. Sorry. Nice to hear, that the first DSDT.aml is working.

Have fun.

18686.jpg

Is this fine?

Working stuff:

USB

Dvd tray

Intel card

Not Working:

AMD ATI 7670M 

Intel Wireless (probably not gonna work soon)

Still unchecked:

Sound

Ethernet

Hello!

It is not so easy to switch of the AMD, because of structure of your ACPI tables. SSDT-4.dsl is giving a lot of errors at compiling. I have tried to implement the the switch off in DSDT. But that seems to be wrong, in the way I have it done. Sorry. Nice to hear, that the first DSDT.aml is working.

Have fun.

I think I could take same time to study this stuff and try to do it  :w00t:

Hello!

Seems to be nice. Try if the brightness slider in monitor preferences is working.

Looks like no garbage installed til now. ;)

Can you please upload a saved systemprofiler and an IORegestry file?

If you are able to boot without any issues to your new install with bootstick, please make a clone of new install and run comboupdate 10 8.5 on clone. Try, if you can then boot your clone with temporary bootstick.

Have fun.

Alright, will get on it right away. Sorry for the wait  :angel:

Will upload the darwindump and IOReg dump in a few minutes.

EDIT1:

Files uploaded now.

Also the screen brightness thing works but grabbing the slider all the way down gives a black screen  B) .

Trying the comboupdate right away.

Sorry about that.... insanelymac.com was offline for about 30 minutes, I don't know why. It was attaching the files then it gave me an error... then I found out that my post reached the site but the attachments didn't.  :yes:

I have attached the files now for sure.

One more thing: comboupdate worked on the clone drive.

Here is a pic:

cP0z1Fy.jpg

new darwin dump.zip

new ioreg.zip

Hello!

Are you able to boot the updated install, with the chameleonbootstick you have made?

If yes, run the comboupdate also on the other install (or clone).

For getting your ethernet working, if you have installed the by me uploaded kext as plugin of IonetworkingFamily.kext, you have to open Preferences, Network, add device, select ethernet, then open assistent, connect to local network. At the end of the procedure, shows up a window to specify the networkproperties. That´s normal. After some seconds the red light of ethernet device switches to green and connected. Then close the last window of assistent and save the preferences.

The next, we will do, is getting your CPUPM working. But for this we need a working Inet connection with ML.

Have fun.

Are you able to boot the updated install, with the chameleonbootstick you have made?

If yes, run the comboupdate also on the other install (or clone).

Yup, the 10.8.5 boots fine using the USB bootloader we created earlier.

For getting your ethernet working, if you have installed the by me uploaded kext as plugin of IonetworkingFamily.kext, you have to open Preferences, Network, add device, select ethernet, then open assistent, connect to local network. At the end of the procedure, shows up a window to specify the networkproperties. That´s normal. After some seconds the red light of ethernet device switches to green and connected. Then close the last window of assistent and save the preferences.

The next, we will do, is getting your CPUPM working. But for this we need a working Inet connection with ML.

Alright, let me try to get it working  :help:

• 2 weeks later...