Touchpad and Keyboard not working after installing stock ML

73 posts in this topic

Hello!

Then everything is clear for me for your having garbage in your install. I suggest to format your usb hdd in Guid and create 3 partions with about 35 Gig in hsf  journaled (extended) formated. You also need a 8 gig flash stick, formated with mbr bootblock and filesystem as above.

Can you please upload your current Extra folder, so that I can a bit adapt it for you?

Have fun.

Hello!

This is my intention, if you want to follow. You should get rid of all garbage in the install. An the easiest way to do this, is to do a vanilla install. When we have got it booting with working ethernet, so that you can access the I-net with it, you should make a clone of the fresh system. We secure with this method by trying to make efforts on the clone before steps are being done on the main install, that you don´t get a complete messup, and perhaps have to do again an install from scratch, if something goes very wrong.

I will guide you to do a install in  a vanilla and secure as possible way. Might last a bit longer, but the result should be better and worth to do it in this way. And the secondary effect is, you can learn something by doing it yourself.

Have fun.

Sorry for the wait bro, I got into unnecessary troubles at work.

Right now I have no access to the external hard drive  :( . Can we proceed with the normal installation?

I googled a bit and found that I don't have garbage in my installation, it's just that IntelFramebufferCapri sometimes interferes with appleIntelSNBgraphics and I think I got to change some values in each of them.

Any suggestions?

Hello!

You have installed an ethernet driver on OSX. Is your ethernet not working? There should be no need to copy over files from OSX to Linux. I have got them. They looking not bad, but your HD3000 is active with conected display on serie 7 (ivy-bride) chipset. In any case we have to activate the HD 3000 fully before trying to get the AMD working over display mirroring.

Can you get IOregestryexplorer (vers. 2,1) and upload a report in the same way. Please get also on Linux a complete ACPI dump and upload it also. I will try to edit a working DSDT, matching your system.

Have fun.

Hello!

You have installed an ethernet driver on OSX. Is your ethernet not working? 

It is supposed to work.

Will look for a cable to try it and will tell u back.

You have installed an ethernet driver on OSX. Is your ethernet not working? There should be no need to copy over files from OSX to Linux. I have got them. They looking not bad, but your HD3000 is active with conected display on serie 7 (ivy-bride) chipset. In any case we have to activate the HD 3000 fully before trying to get the AMD working over display mirroring.

Damn, I thought it was a Sandybridge chipset.

Btw, I had to remove AppleIntelFrameBufferCapri.kext and use "GraphicsEnabler=No" to run OsX.

Whenever I turn on the "GraphicsEnabler" flag, I get an error code from the bootloader and it wont even reach the black screen that says "loading KEXTs" and stuff...

That error msg said:

frame set to framebuffer's default: 0

or something like that

Can you get IOregestryexplorer (vers. 2,1) and upload a report in the same way.

Please get also on Linux a complete ACPI dump and upload it also.

Will get both right now.

I will try to edit a working DSDT, matching your system.

Have fun.

:w00t:

Here is the ACPI dump:

DSDT.dat

ACPI.log

DSDT.dsl

And here is the IOreg dump:

dump.zip

Hello!

Your DSDT is work in progress. Can you please try the following: I hope, that you have an unused flash drive, some 100 mb should be enough. Format this one in MBR- parttion, one partion hfs+, install chameleon (get a new version here from downloads), copy mach_kernel of your install and your til now used Extra folder on its root, and try if you can boot your OSX on hdd with it. If this works, it would be a bit saver to try the DSDT.aml file. We have to find a working platform for your hd3000.

Try to find out which realtek alc... soundchip is in your device.

Have fun.

Hello!

Your DSDT is work in progress. Can you please try the following: I hope, that you have an unused flash drive, some 100 mb should be enough. Format this one in MBR- parttion, one partion hfs+, install chameleon (get a new version here from downloads), copy mach_kernel of your install and your til now used Extra folder on its root, and try if you can boot your OSX on hdd with it. If this works, it would be a bit saver to try the DSDT.aml file. We have to find a working platform for your hd3000.

Will do. I have a strong feeling it will work.

Try to find out which realtek alc... soundchip is in your device.

Alright, will try.

EDIT1:

Booted successfully using the USB bootloader.

Stock chameleon (latest from insanelymac.com) then added mach_kernel and Extra folder.

had to use the "GraphicsEnabler=No" flag though.

EDIT2:

About the sound card, I found this information using win7's Device Manager:

VEN_10EC&DEV_0269

Looked that up on PCIdatabase, and found this info:

Chip Number: ALC269
Chip Description: Realtek High Definition audio

EDIT3:

I found this guide here Guide to patch AppleHDA for your codec.

Should I follow it and patch the DSDT and AppleHDA.kext?

Hello!

On which version of OSX are you?

If you want to try VoodooHDA get the version 2.8.6 and install the package with AppleHDA disabler without removing AppleHDA.kext.

You should also add this key to your org.chameleon.boot.plist:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>

Please report back, if ethernet and sound are working.

Have fun.

Hello!

On which version of OSX are you?

If you want to try VoodooHDA get the version 2.8.6 and install the package with AppleHDA disabler without removing AppleHDA.kext.

You should also add this key to your org.chameleon.boot.plist:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Please report back, if ethernet and sound are working.

Have fun.

Alright. will try em now

EDIT1:

Sound works now.

-with VoodooHDA 2.8.6 like u said  :w00t: . I used a PKG to install it, and it said "install failed". Tried it a couple of times but it kept saying that again and again. So i manually checked the directories to find that all required files are copied there, then added the prefpane thing to the user's login things and it worked.

Checking ethernet now  :whistle:

EDIT2:

Found an old ethernet cable, doesnt work. Don't know if the problem is in the cable or the OsX. Gotta buy a new one to make sure.

Will grab the exact version of OsX i'm running cuz u asked. Give me a minute

EDIT3:

New problem LOL  :P
Whenever I click on "About this mac", it logs me off and gets me to the screen where i log in with my user's pass.
{censored}... cant find out what versions it is.
I'm pretty sure it's a mountain lion, just don't know which.

Hello!

Download from Apple the ComboUpdate 10 8.5, but don´t run the appstore thing. With installing it, nothing bad should happen.

You could try to put the lnyx ethernetdirver to trash and install the realtek one. I´ll attach it for you.

If the jacks of your ethernet cable have the same color as the cablecoating this cable should fit for connecting to a router or network switch. If they are green, then it should be a crossover cable for direct connection between two pc´s.

After booting you have to configure your network in systempreferences. Try to run the assistent.

Have fun.

AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext.zip

Hello!

Download from Apple the ComboUpdate 10 8.5, but don´t run the appstore thing. With installing it, nothing bad should happen.

So that's why you wanted ethernet...totally cool!!!! 

You could try to put the lnyx ethernetdirver to trash and install the realtek one. I´ll attach it for you.

After booting you have to configure your network in systempreferences. Try to run the assistent.

Have fun.

Trying it right now.... :help: ...

I just want it to show up "connected" in the Network settings in System preferences.

After that, I think I can manage the DNS and IP settings and stuff..

Wonderful, the ethernet says "Connected" even without plugging in the cable.

Will buy a cable in a couple of hours to check stuff out.

There is also some news about the graphics...

I messed out with it a bit. Ofc I have backups for the KEXTs I mess with and I could revert all changes.

After you told me that I had a 7-series motherboard (ivy) with a sandybridge processor, I found a guide on tmx86 site :angel:  that says:

OS X gets confused when you run a 2nd generation Core-i "Sandy Bridge" CPU on one of the newer 7-series motherboards instead of a 3rd generation Core-i "Ivy Bridge" CPU, and vice versa. In order to fix this, you need to edit 2 native kext files in Mountain Lion; the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext for HD 3000, and the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext for HD 4000. These kexts are part of the native graphics drivers in OS X.

It asked to switch two values 0x1C3A8086 (in AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext) with 0x1E3A8086 (in AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext) and this leads to:

this lets the OS know which framebuffer kext to use

It didn't work with me unfortunately.

It gives me the following error:

ATI card POSTED, reading VBIOS from legacy space.

or something similar.

Removed all AMD, ATI and Nvidia KEXTs.... nothing worked.

Tried many versions of AppleIntelSNBGraphics and framebuffercapri that's out there... nothing worked.

Some of them gave me a different result, they successfully boot into the OS but the screen is full of horizontal white lines, so u cant see anything... I think this could be solved  :)

Thanks alot bro, really having fun  :red_indian:  :chef:

Hello!

Try to boot with in Extra folder placed attached DSDT, no gfx enabler, with bootflags -f -v. If it is not working, add lfag -x again. Pleas upload new ioreg report with dsdt.

You can add it also compressed here. (More reply options and then in the left down corner attach files)

Please remove this driver:

com.dong.driver.RadeonPCI (non Apple kext)

This one I have seen the first time. It is for sure not needed and could disturb. Must be anyware in your system, normally in S/L/E.

Have fun.

DSDT.aml.zip

Try to boot with in Extra folder placed attached DSDT, no gfx enabler, with bootflags -f -v. If it is not working, add lfag -x again.

Graphics card working now .... don't know which of em (ATI 7670M or HD3000 :P )

Please upload new ioreg report with dsdt.

You can add it also compressed here. (More reply options and then in the left down corner attach files)

Attached down there.

Please remove this driver:

com.dong.driver.RadeonPCI (non Apple kext)

This one I have seen the first time. It is for sure not needed and could disturb. Must be anyware in your system, normally in S/L/E.

Still can't find it  :(

Here are a few pictures:
1- Screensaver working well now.
vy7bT5l.jpg

2- Log-in screen when interrupting screensaver.
9VNaZRV.jpg

3- Desktop with the new wonderful resolution

Hvxwith.jpg
----------------------------
kYrKFDP.jpg

4- Can open folders now without lagging  :D

SLdKARn.jpg

5- Now whenever I bend down the laptop screen, it goes into some sort of standby and gives this orange light instead of green colour. I think that's good  :w00t:

aZFB2c7.jpg

6- Coming back from standby after pressing the power button.

6BW29ad.jpg

Noticed something else  :D :

Keyboard backlight is working as long as i'm typing.

J3ooPzB.jpg

After I stop using the touchpad and leave the laptop for about 15 seconds, the lights turn off:

UEGTADc.jpg

Only if I could modify that, I would love to do 2 things:

1- make the keyboard backlight related to keyboard buttons only, not touchpad.

2- make the time less than 15 seconds.

I have attached the new IOreg.

aftervgaworkin.zip

Hello!

Nice to see! Intel HD3000 is working now. For the above mentioned kext, look in MyHack.kext, if you have it installed.

You should have as non Apple.kexts installed: Fakesmc.kext, nullcpupowermanagement.kext, genericusbxhci.kext ,voodoops2.kext and voodooHDA.kext and the Realtek ethnernetkext, that I have uploaded for you. If you have installed these kexts in S/L/E, put Myhack.kext to trash and reboot with flags -f v. Remove also an Extensions.mkext, if you have it in Extra folder.

If you can reach the desktop as before, it is high time to install the mentioned 10 8.5 update, before we get powermanagement fully working.

Edit: Do you have a kext named ATI/AMD/Radeon injektor or enabler.kext. This is the one you should remove. But before you remove the kext, show package content with right click, content and open info.plist with textedit.app and look for digits like com.dong.driver.RadeonPCI. If they are there, then it is for sure the correct one.

Have fun.

You should have as non Apple.kexts installed: Fakesmc.kext, nullcpupowermanagement.kext, genericusbxhci.kext ,voodoops2.kext and voodooHDA.kext and the Realtek ethnernetkext, that I have uploaded for you. If you have installed these kexts in S/L/E, put Myhack.kext to trash and reboot with flags -f v. Remove also an Extensions.mkext, if you have it in Extra folder.

If you can reach the desktop as before, it is high time to install the mentioned 10 8.5 update, before we get powermanagement fully working.

Just a moment here, there is one last thing I forgot to tell you  :angel: . I used to have a lot of trouble and wasnt able to boot to the desktop, but after tracking the error messages during boot, I found out that I had to remove those KEXTs:

AppleUSBEHCI.kext (was inside S/L/E/IOUSBFAMILY.kext/contents/plugins)
IO80211Family.kext
IOBluetoothFamily.kext
IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext

So right now the USB isn't working with OsX. Is this Ok? Should I upgrade anyways?  :angel:

I have all those KEXTs in my backup folder in linux  B)

Edit: Do you have a kext named ATI/AMD/Radeon injektor or enabler.kext. This is the one you should remove. But before you remove the kext, show package content with right click, content and open info.plist with textedit.app and look for digits like com.dong.driver.RadeonPCI. If they are there, then it is for sure the correct one.

Will track that down  B) I think I saw some name like that.

EDIT1:

-Booted successfully to desktop after removing the "myhack.kext" in S/L/E.

- Can't find that damn KEXT. found something called "ApplePlatformEnabler.kext" but it's not inside.

Still searching for it around the whole partition.

Hello!

Some posts up I have asked for the Acpi tables from linux. You have only uploaded the dsdt file but all ssdt files are missing. Could you please upload them too? I want to try to disable your AMD gfx temporary for avoiding gfx problems or you have in the bios the option to switch gfx to internal. If  yes, you should do this anyway.

The problems you are now have, are grown with a tool like MyHack. It is no good idea to use this tool. You get your device relativly fast up and running, but far away from perfect. Issues are very hard to correct. Therefore I had suggested to make a vanilla installer. This is very easy to do task and you have only to install a minimum of kext´s to be able to boot. After having done a clone of the bootable, for sure not perfect but with controlable issues working vanilla install, one is able to complete the install and correct issues in a more simple way. This is ever the same way, not depending on a OSX version or the kind of a compatible device.

Your bluetooth and wifi errors are caused by gfx issues. Please run the command kextstat in terminal and copy the output of terminal window in a textfile and attach it here.

Have fun.

Some posts up I have asked for the Acpi tables from linux. You have only uploaded the dsdt file but all ssdt files are missing. Could you please upload them too?

My bad, sorry.. attched now.

I want to try to disable your AMD gfx temporary for avoiding gfx problems or you have in the bios the option to switch gfx to internal. If  yes, you should do this anyway.

Unfortunately can't  :( The BIOS has very limited options.

The problems you are now have, are grown with a tool like MyHack. It is no good idea to use this tool. You get your device relativly fast up and running, but far away from perfect. Issues are very hard to correct. Therefore I had suggested to make a vanilla installer. This is very easy to do task and you have only to install a minimum of kext´s to be able to boot. After having done a clone of the bootable, for sure not perfect but with controlable issues working vanilla install, one is able to complete the install and correct issues in a more simple way. This is ever the same way, not depending on a OSX version or the kind of a compatible device.

Yeah, I understood that bro  :yes:

The only reason I used myhack was cuz I tried to restore the original image to USB, but it wasn't bootable. Later on (after I got this system up and running), I found out that I had to install chameleon to make the USB installer bootable.

Your bluetooth and wifi errors are caused by gfx issues. Please run the command kextstat in terminal and copy the output of terminal window in a textfile and attach it here.

Done, and textfile is attached.

full acpi dump.zip

kextstat.rtf

Hello!

Is your OSX  270 GB GUID partitoned?

Look in S/L/E for Disabler.kext and put it to trash. Outdated PM Disabler.kext for AppleIntelCpuPM. You have also installed nullcpupm.kext. This is enough. Outdated duplicate is not needed.

By the way backlite of your keyboard is activated by bios, if you touch keyboard our touchpad and aslo the time of about 15 sec after last touch. Try if the functiion key to dimm or switch it off is also working. But it is a good sign, that it is working at this stage.

Have fun.