Sam Multimedia error ! All the time !

ozzie

22 posts in this topic

:blink: so im trying to install mac over a week and my hardware should be good enough for it.

but i cant do it because of same error all the time, sam multimedia error(but ones i got the installation done but couldnt boot)!

i nearly tried everything, different dvd disks (dvd-r,dvd-rw,dvd-r)

and also changed some sata settings.

but still i get the same error.

i looked in the forum but i couldnt find a solution for my fu..ing error.

if somebody had the same problem and found a solution for it please post an answer.

thx Mac Os X on PC WTF

could be aswell, but i downloaded allready 2 times a mac 10.4.7 version.

and if that 2 are corrupted, than im really unlucky guy.

anyway i go and get me a dvd lens cleaner disk.

and look if it gona work.

and if that is not working i go and get me a new dvd-burner NEC 4570, the one

which posted mash. hopefully that gone work.

by the way thx for answering so fast

so i tried to clean it with a dvd lens cleaner. but as usual it doesnt work at all.

i think it just can be my dvd-burner wich seems to be defect.

ill go next time and get me a new one or try to borov from a friend to have a look if its the dvd-drive

i write later what happend!

Mine was getting on a bit - an oem sony. I flashed it to a dual layer lite-on, found the discs too expensive & flashed it back! Was pretty noisy, and only burned / read 1 in 3 discs. v happy with my new lightscribe, though not printed any discs yet,

Andy

i allready flashed my firmware from my dvd-burner. the first day i got it.

ill try first the method of ted cox and if its not working like that, i gone get me a new dvd-burner as mash posted in hardmac(nec 4570).

hopefully it gona work out.

i allready flashed my firmware from my dvd-burner. the first day i got it.

ill try first the method of ted cox and if its not working like that, i gone get me a new dvd-burner as mash posted in hardmac(nec 4570).

hopefully it gona work out.

According to your .sig, you have two hard drives and your DVD burner?

Try this:

Disconnect one of your hard drives, and hook up the DVD burner so that it is slave while the remaining hard drive is master.

If none of these solutions posted here work, then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe your computer is possessed by PC spirits who despise OS X? ;)

lol

yes i have 2 harddrives and i put my dvd-drive on slave ide and my sata-harddrive is on master without the second drive. but still it was that error and before my dvd-drive was on master. so i tried a lot of settings(plus bios settings)

but now ill try to put my new dvd-drive nec 4570 in my pc, i couldnt wait anymore to try with other drives, because i think anyway i need a new one.

hopefully it gone work now, i tell in about 1 hour what happend. :gathering:

i downloaded allready 2 times a mac 10.4.7 version.

The file that you downloaded, did it have a filetype of DMG?

If so, this is a compressed DMG that can only be uncompressed in OSX. A lot of people tried hard to convert it using Windows and Linux utilities, but failed. The resulting iso was always smaller than it should be and wouldn't boot.

You need to find the 10.4.7 iso repack file. This was created by taking that DMG file and uncompressing it in OSX and converting it to an iso.

i know rammjet!

so i used my new dvd-burner and it gone well the installation the first try!!!

now my graphic looks competly f***ed up.

but thats ok now i need just to fix some small stuff!

so to all with sam multimedia error all the time: try first to burn different dvd and if that is not working get your self a new dvd-burner, than it solve the problem as in my pc!!!

i bought the Nec 4570!

so im going to look for my other problems, and thx at all wich postet that i can solve my problem!

i know rammjet!

so i used my new dvd-burner and it gone well the installation the first try!!!

now my graphic looks competly f***ed up.

but thats ok now i need just to fix some small stuff!

so to all with sam multimedia error all the time: try first to burn different dvd and if that is not working get your self a new dvd-burner, than it solve the problem as in my pc!!!

i bought the Nec 4570!

so im going to look for my other problems, and thx at all wich postet that i can solve my problem!

Let me know if you need any other help with your gfx.

i know rammjet!

OK!! :blink: If you don't want me to accidentally tell you something that you already know (but I don't know that you know, you know?), how about posting everything you know that you know in your signature? Or put it into a document and attach it to your posting. :)