Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Please guide me if H97E and CPU are hackintosh-compatible

2 posts in this topic

I have recently bought a relatively powerful hardware:

- Asus H97M-E (it's actually has 'M' letter, mistyped it in the post title but it seems I can't edit the title anymore)

- Intel Core i7 4790

- 32GB of RAM

- no graphic card, going to use the CPU's one (but can buy a cheap one if needed for hackintosh)

- ethernet, soundcard, sata HDDs - all that should work

Will I be able to run one of the recent Mac OSes here? If yes, which distro\installation method should I use? I got a hackintosh laptop, been with it for ~3 years, did not touch the OS there at all, so my knowledge of the distribs\installation methods might be outdated. Thank you!

P.S. Also - what would be the max. screen resolution using the built-in-CPU graphic card? I'm going to buy a big monitor (just my taste), don't want to waste money =)