HELP WITH INSTALL HASWELL HP ENVY I7-4820MQ

fastbackb16

13 posts in this topic

Specs

HP ENVY 17-j029nr

Cpu: i7-4702MQ

Memory: 8GB DDR3

HD: 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M (Dedicated)

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Onboard)

Optical drive: Blu-ray player/SuperMulti DVD burner

BIOS is Insyder H20 F. 56

Im trying to install any verison of osx on my laptop can figure out how ive tried [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] haswell no success. I want to install via usb as well if possible. HELP PLEASE!!

Optimus graphics (GT 750M) will not work, only HD 4600.

And we don't support any "tools" of Tonymac.

For enable your video card, use this (if you use Chameleon bootloader):

<key>IGPlatformID</key>
<string>0c260000</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Go in Olarila forum, and download the Mavericks (10.9.0) .raw

Hello

Just 10.8.5 or 10.9 work with Haswell model CPU....

I gave to you a system to install OSX... check that

Configure Bios: olarila.web337.kinghost.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1804

Other thing, you need patch kernel to bypass re-boot problem, if not, everytime you'll have reboot...

read this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293503-haswell-early-reboot-mavericks-locked-msrs-and-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq/

theres no way i can make changes to my bios. There are no options everything is locked down. Im not even sure if its set in achi. But i seen on another thread with a simliair model that its comes preconfigure in achi mode. As far as patching the kernel how can i do that i dont get many options.

Why not try a virtual install first and explore to see if OSX Mavericks does what you want it to do?

I also have an HP laptop, but it's an Ivy-bridge, (3rd gen), i7 with nvidia Geforce GT630M. It's running Win7 64bit home premium.

I am posting from Mavericks right now, using Safari,  from my vmware virtual machine.

I bought a snow leopard disc from Apple for $20, just to see if the legit route would install and take me to latest Mavericks.  Voila, it did.

Don't bother with virtual box unless you want to troubleshoot boot issues.

Hello

I agree, in begin(2010) i started trying OSX in MVs, But i never get nothing working fully, just when i use a retail method and installed OSX in HDD i get the OSX working well(2013)

I really don't know if him problem is caused by kernel or raid... anyway, try install OSX in laptop is hard, mainly Haswell laptops