AMD HD5450 and Core 2 Duo rebooting at apple screen

FormatOSX

19 posts in this topic

I am trying to build a Hackintosh out of "Spare" parts and I am having some trouble getting the installer to start without rebooting the PC

Specs

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400

Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3R

4GB DDR 2

AMD/ATI HD5450

SATA 7.2K 500GB

SATA 7.2K 320GB

SATA DVD-Rom/RW

I am currently using Mountain Lion with the 5450 with the "GraphicsEnabler=No" boot flag (I used to have a GTS 250 that would only work with mountain Lion but I bought a HD5450 as I got it for $9.99 If the rebate shows up that is) I want to try Mavericks 

I had Mavericks running on this PC before with an OLD ATI HD2400 (With the generic 1024 x 768 driver)

Now on to my problem:

I can boot to the USB flash disk and see the boot loader (I am using the MYHack method)

I tried all of the boot flags to no help.

With the verbose boot (Or without any extra boot options) the system does not freeze it justs reboots as soon as I get to the screen where the Apple logo is with the spinning wheel. I see the screen show for about 1 second and then the PC reboots.

Now what (If anything other then buying new hardware which I can't afford, also I don't want to use the older cards, My GTS 250 or the HD2400) can I do? I would like to get this to work with the HD5450 

I read This and It says "

• Patched ID 0x68f91002 in AMD5000Controller and ATIRadeonX3000."

but how exactly do I patch the ID file?

Thanks

That early reboot is most probably NOT related to your graphics card.

Boot into verbose mode (-v), and take a picture of the error shown before reboot happens.

OK, so I will assume that you used the PowerColor HD 5450 which is $10 at newegg...

Yes the card will need patching. The system most likely reboots at the "Starting Darwin" line at the end of Charmelon kext-loading...

Try remaking the stick (and maybe getting Mavericks?)

Yep I used the PowerColor card from Newegg

and the verbose screen goes by too fast (Well most of it anyway) and the reboot seems to happen right at the moment the Apple screen comes up, I see the screen for a split second and then the PC reboots

I have tried making the USB flash disk multiple times (with a different usb port and disk)  and I downloaded Mavericks three times now

OK I tried the AMD kernel and still the same problem

and I do believe that the motherboard does need a DSDT but I can't even get to the install screen

unless there is a way to boot with a DSDT so I can install the OS

Just create the install like you normally do. Ideally you use usb stick.

After the installer usb stick is made place the working dsdt in the /Extra folder in the usb installer stick.

Atleast that worked for me. my GA-EP45-DS3 got the nasty bios cmos reset bug.

Just create the install like you normally do. Ideally you use usb stick.

After the installer usb stick is made place the working dsdt in the /Extra folder in the usb installer stick.

Atleast that worked for me. my GA-EP45-DS3 got the nasty bios cmos reset bug.

OK I feel like a stupid idiot

I found out the problem

I was booting from the WRONG device I had an old  install on the hard drive from that unmentionable site and I was just chooseing the MYHack disk and not booting directly from it

Booting dorectly from the MyHack disk solved my problem and mavericks is installing now :)

Thanks and sorry for the run around

I now have OSX Mavericks installed and working

I only have 2 kinks to work out

1. My monitor is not being properly recognized (It just says VGA monitor but that is not a problem as I know the proper resolution and refresh rate)

2. The Mac app store is not working it says something along the lines like my account or machine cannot be vertified and to contact tech support (I wonder what would actually happen if I did contact Apple for this :hysterical: )