Handoff possible at bt 3.0?

7 posts in this topic

I have been searching everywhere to find an answer if Handoff is only lmp version 6 (BT 4.0) or its possible to trick handoff in to working with lmp version 5 (BT 3.0). 

I really hope somebody has an idea, as its very expensive to get combo card with wifi and bt 4.0 !?

I've read here and there people saying that handoff works with their iPad 2 which uses Bluetooth 2.1, so I don't think it will be a problem. Still, it's not verified information and both OS are in DP1 stage so it might not be reliable just yet.

i have yosemite and a bluetooth 2.0 or 2.1 stick and the sms to mac feature works. i think the calling feature would work, but i dont have a camera with mic so facetime closes itself after i click a number to call. 

the other features (mail from iphone to mac for example) dont work with me, i think you need bluetooth 4.0 with low energy to get that working. 

i wonder why the sms feature works for me, because my wifi usb card isnt very supported. airdrop isnt working here.

I can too get SMS running from Messages but i can't get the phone working or any other thing. I would be nice if it could be possible with at workaround to get i working with lower versions of Bt like yours 2.0 and my 3.0... Hopefully someone more experienced than me will give a shot sometime

For what it's worth I have bluetooth 4.0 on my machine and I can't get Handoff working at all.  I do not have wifi in this machine, so maybe that is the issue.  But I'm guessing that features is still flakey in DP1 regardless of bluetooth version.