AMD HD5450

bongmasterdarky

33 posts in this topic

does the HD5450 have support on yosemite or do i need to manually install or edit the kext with my device ids

i just installed 10.10 but the gfx are really bad and slow i tried my 10.9.3 kexts but they do not work 

any tips or suggestions of how to make this work 

thanks

does the HD5450 have support on yosemite or do i need to manually install or edit the kext with my device ids

i just installed 10.10 but the gfx are really bad and slow i tried my 10.9.3 kexts but they do not work 

any tips or suggestions of how to make this work 

thanks

Hi,

Mine worked out of the box.

That will depend on your device ID. If you have problems, try editing AMDRadeonX3000 by adding your device ID to the right frame buffer and stick the kext in the Clover Kext folder.

Good luck.

Hi,

Mine worked out of the box.

That will depend on your device ID. If you have problems, try editing AMDRadeonX3000 by adding your device ID to the right frame buffer and stick the kext in the Clover Kext folder.

Good luck.

Thanks for your reply my card is the asus one with device id 0x68f91002 i have looked in the extensions folder and there is no AMDRadeonX3000 kext this is where i am getting confused i have AMDcontroller500.kext and my device id is added there 

could i add my device id to clover and let it inject my card that way 

thanks 

Thanks for your reply my card is the asus one with device id 0x68f91002 i have looked in the extensions folder and there is no AMDRadeonX3000 kext this is where i am getting confused i have AMDcontroller500.kext and my device id is added there 

could i add my device id to clover and let it inject my card that way 

thanks 

Hi,

I take it we are talking about YOSEMITE DP1. If Yes, I can assure you that I have an AMDRadeonX3000 kext version: 1.26.22.

I'm not sure about adding your device ID to Clover injection but select the option to inject ATI.

Find a copy of my kext where I added my Device ID to the 'CEDAR' framebuffer.

Cheers

AMDRadeonX3000.kext.zip

Hi,

I take it we are talking about YOSEMITE DP1. If Yes, I can assure you that I have an AMDRadeonX3000 kext version: 1.26.22.

I'm not sure about adding your device ID to Clover injection but select the option to inject ATI.

Find a copy of my kext where I added my Device ID to the 'CEDAR' framebuffer.

Cheers

@RN95 yeah i am talking about Yosemite dp1 i got it from the bay where the watermelons grown i have made a new key from the dmg and checked the extensions folder there and it still shows no AMDRadeonX3000.kext i tired using the one you uploaded adding my device id and  it still will not work 

i think my copy of dp1 is borked so might try and get another 

thanks

for me work perfect this kext

full qe/ci

i have sapphire hd 5450  id 68F9

attachicon.gifArchivio.zip

best regards francesco

Well i have made progress now i grabbed another copy of yosemite and used the kexts that diegoarmandozizi posted and it works perfect full res and qe/ci 

thanks diegoarmandozizi you helped me out here

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey ... I installed the Yosemite final release and patched those kexts but nothing seems to enable QE/CI.

I have a saffire HD5450 and I use Clover

Hey same here.

Any help

I use HIS card (0x68E11002)

Tried adding to amdx3000 and no avail

One thing though,

I use VGA port not the dvi one

please ! any help will be appreciated , i cant enable qe/ci , ati 5450 , please help

ok got it. I got full QE/CI working on my yosemite system(app store)

here are the steps:(do at your own risk)

Patch the AMDRadeonX3000.kext with your device I'd vendor id

Install Clover boot loader latest version. (use MBR boot option)

Download clover configurator.

open it and choose one of the configurations from presented options.

configure it up to your knowledge.(i have added my config.plist that i used on my optiplex 760 for reference)

one thing to note: in the kexts section on the sidebar, add AMDRadeonX3000.kext to ForceKexts to load. and also select inject ATI in the Graphics section

once you have done. press cmd+S and then restart your computer.

note: if your resolution went wrong after the above steps, i can send you the steps for that also but first i think u should try and get accustomed with clover first!(especially if you are a chameleon user)

• Like 1

ok got it. I got full QE/CI working on my yosemite system(app store)

here are the steps:(do at your own risk)

Patch the AMDRadeonX3000.kext with your device I'd vendor id

Install Clover boot loader latest version. (use MBR boot option)

Download clover configurator.

open it and choose one of the configurations from presented options.

configure it up to your knowledge.(i have added my config.plist that i used on my optiplex 760 for reference)

one thing to note: in the kexts section on the sidebar, add AMDRadeonX3000.kext to ForceKexts to load. and also select inject ATI in the Graphics section

once you have done. press cmd+S and then restart your computer.

note: if your resolution went wrong after the above steps, i can send you the steps for that also but first i think u should try and get accustomed with clover first!(especially if you are a chameleon user)

ok talsid!! i will try clover installation , thanks for the info, im a chameleon lover but its the first time this card gave me many troubles to activate qe/ci.

I got the qe/CI without any effort after installing clover but getting the resolution right took a lot of time.

Hi talsid, your procedure to load kexts works. But, it would be great if you share information on how you got correct resolution in Yosemite using Clover ?

Try disabling inject ati checkbox

ok talsid!! i will try clover installation , thanks for the info, im a chameleon lover but its the first time this card gave me many troubles to activate qe/ci.

Hello.?

Did it work

• Like 1