Stuck on white screen

Nanael

13 posts in this topic

Hy everyone,

I have created an USB installer on an external HDD with clover on it (the last version gives here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298458-installation-guide-for-1010-dp1-usb/).

The computer boot well until the sound assertion, then i have to wait 1 mn to go with a white screen and an apple (with a progress bar) and after nothing. i have wait 30mn but nothing happened.

I have an HD6870 and B75M DGS. But The clover i'm using work well if I used it to start on a 2nd HDD with Yosemite (that I install with my MBPr)

Any idea?

I finally got my system to boot to the point it is on a white screen as well, with the spinning beach ball. Is this the screen you get to? Or do you not get the beach ball? Just trying to see if we're in the same boat!

Yes i was getting that screen.

I just removed my wifi card and I passed that screen. Now i'm installing it.

Hope it will help you

Nice! Glad you got past it! I can't remove mine, it's built into the motherboard but I'll keep working and post how I get past it, if I do, lol.

I finally got my system to boot to the point it is on a white screen as well, with the spinning beach ball. Is this the screen you get to? Or do you not get the beach ball? Just trying to see if we're in the same boat!

"the spinning beach ball"

You need FakeSMC.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10

and Clover r2695 above with "kext-dev-mode=1".

• Like 1

"the spinning beach ball"

You need FakeSMC.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10

and Clover r2695 above with "kext-dev-mode=1".

Verified that FakeSMC.kext was in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10, and made sure that boot flag was correct, same result. Stuck on the spinning beach ball! Is there any further way to analyze what's causing it? Or is it at a point where I can't really pull any information from it?

Verified that FakeSMC.kext was in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10, and made sure that boot flag was correct, same result. Stuck on the spinning beach ball! Is there any further way to analyze what's causing it? Or is it at a point where I can't really pull any information from it?

Whcih version of Clover did you use?

hey, I'm back,

I have FakeSMC in SLE and in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Others. I have the latest version of clover and using kext-dev-mode=1 but I stuck on the same screen during the boot... 

• 4 months later...

All components including sound?

I've been trying the non-UEFi mode (as I'm still angry to myself for getting stuck with that ugly non-working Clover UEFI Boot option from past tries).

I created a USB installer which uses Chameleon (or rather Chimera now, but Chameleon worked as well) without any kexts, using GraphicsEnabler=No. Only thing that's not working is sound (and iMessage).

When I install ALC887 kext along with kext-dev-mode=1, it stops booting. (Tried without kext-dev-mode as well.)

My config is as follows:

GA-B75M-D3H

Core-i5 3570K

2 x 4GB Kingston 1600 MHz DDR3

Nvidia GTX650

Corsair Force3 128GB SSD

Any suggestions?

(I'll take any hints on trying Clover, if it includes removing the damned old boot option, without flashing bios.)