Haswell Locked MSR Patch

YungRaj

33 posts in this topic

I used 2636 to make a USB, and then updated the EFI Drivers and whatnot from the Given patch (2693) on the beginning of this forum to try and get working. Unfortunately I get the same panic very early in the booting process, due to whatever reason.

Check that you installed it correctly. You should update both /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi and /EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi.

The updated Files that are in 2693 do not have a Bootx64.efi file updated for this new build or revision of Clover. I updated all the rest of the boot files and drivers that were in there and are needed

The updated Files that are in 2693 do not have a Bootx64.efi file updated for this new build or revision of Clover. I updated all the rest of the boot files and drivers that were in there and are needed

BOOTX64.efi is just CLOVERX64.efi renamed.

Oops lmaoooo. Well I have all those files updated to the newer revision then..

WAIT

Hold on that means that I should put Cloverx64.efi, renamed it to bootx64.efi and put it in that directory? Because in that revision there were no files that were named that. Because I was only able to update Cloverx64.efi

Oops lmaoooo. Well I have all those files updated to the newer revision then..

WAIT

Hold on that means that I should put Cloverx64.efi, renamed it to bootx64.efi and put it in that directory? Because in that revision there were no files that were named that. Because I was only able to update Cloverx64.efi

There are (at least) two copies of CLOVERX64.EFI. One at /EFI/Clover/CLOVERX64.efi. And another at /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi. Generally, the BIOS will be loading the one at /EFI/BOOT.

Thank you for this thread - it addresses some of the issues I was concerned about a little more concisely than the already huge thread about the DP. This post over there though by RehabMan (thank you!!) addresses the extra issue of fixing the Lapic issue for those of us with both Locked MSR and needing Lapic fix.  See http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298402-os-x-yosemite-dps-builds/?p=2025773

• Like 1

Thank you for this thread - it addresses some of the issues I was concerned about a little more concisely than the already huge thread about the DP. This post over there though by RehabMan (thank you!!) addresses the extra issue of fixing the Lapic issue for those of us with both Locked MSR and needing Lapic fix.  See http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298402-os-x-yosemite-dps-builds/?p=2025773

As of Clover r2697, KernelLapic config.plist option should work again. I provided updated code to Slice and he has checked it in to the Clover project.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...