Haswell Locked MSR Patch

YungRaj

33 posts in this topic

Some people have reported Clover KernelPM working in the new 10.10.

I don't know who to believe and for those with locked MSR's on a Haswell Notebook and don't want to riskfully try PMPatch I made this topic for this reason to set things straight. So what exactly is the status on it? 

I tried booting the Installer but (people have had problems locating a kernel anywhere on the USB and Image so that could be the instant reboot) but yea it seems for me I get an instant reboot as I have KernelPM detailed in my config.plist

It seems like I have been fed misleading info on this and for members like me is the reason why I made this topic. :)

UPDATE : KERNELPM WORKS NOW IN CLOVER

Credits to Slice and his whole team :)

http://www.insanelym...ttach_id=141704

Download these files - and replace them with original Clover Files in your clover install

MAKE SURE you make a copy of CLOVERX64.efi and rename it to BOOTX64.efi and put that also in /EFI/BOOT

And let config.plist know you need KernelPm and it should work fine

• Like 2

Slice shared this clover update (to be copied and pasted over original clover files in uefi) which he request people test for kernel pm in yosemite... I think he may have added the patch we need! Try it.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=141704

For more info I found it in this thread:

OS X Yosemite DP's builds! http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?/topic/298402-OS-X-Yosemite-DP%27s-builds%21

The kernel pm patch from that update seems to be working on my i7 4700mq. Will report back later with results

• Like 2

So the patch in the 2693 update is working for haswell locked msr reboot on yosemite. Confirmed.

Now I'm having trouble with a "failure to extract from essentials.pkg" error or something. Everything I've run across looks like my installer got corrupted somehow, so I'm going to rebuild it, but it looks like this will be doable after all, with a bit of work.

• Like 1

I've had this issue before, it was when I used a Lion OSInstallPKG for 1GB of RAM on a Mountain Lion Installer. You might be able to replace some files,

BUT YOU need to tell me what exactly the error says.

Alright, I'll report back after the installer files have finished copying over. Figured I'd try rebuilding the usb in case of corruption. I can see if I still have the pic I snapped of the error

post-1150767-14018887306405_thumb.jpg

That's the error, though for the log I'll need to replicate the problem to get a better snap of the log file

Here that I did.

I established Os according to the instruction.

I am loaded with kext-dev-mode=1 key.

I wait for loading.

There is a mouse on a dirty background. All letters washed away. Occurs nothing.

I have Intel hd4400 haswell. There are ideas what to do? I use Confing from the worker 10.9.3 and everything there is good. Help please

Alright, I'll report back after the installer files have finished copying over. Figured I'd try rebuilding the usb in case of corruption. I can see if I still have the pic I snapped of the error

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401888723.100888.jpg

That's the error, though for the log I'll need to replicate the problem to get a better snap of the log file

to copy in a flash card root BaseSystem.dmg и Basesystem.chunklist из OS X Install ESD

Here that I did.

I established Os according to the instruction.

I am loaded with kext-dev-mode=1 key.

I wait for loading.

There is a mouse on a dirty background. All letters washed away. Occurs nothing.

I have Intel hd4400 haswell. There are ideas what to do? I use Confing from the worker 10.9.3 and everything there is good. Help please

Okay, FakeSMC.kext is not loading for you there is a guide on the other side of this topic subforum to tell you how to boot the installation media

Okay, FakeSMC.kext is not loading for you there is a guide on the other side of this topic subforum to tell you how to boot the installation media

For the first time, at installation I prescribed FakeSMC from single mode. Really it is necessary to do each time so?

On it stop

post-1125099-0-76062400-1401890491_thumb.jpg

So the patch in the 2693 update is working for haswell locked msr reboot on yosemite. Confirmed.

Now I'm having trouble with a "failure to extract from essentials.pkg" error or something. Everything I've run across looks like my installer got corrupted somehow, so I'm going to rebuild it, but it looks like this will be doable after all, with a bit of work.

Just curious, if you have the link to that download. I cannot find it via Google.

Thanks

The kernel patch for Clover did not work for me

Perhaps you need Lapic fix as well. From what I read the current Lapic panic fix does not work...

Thanks for the quick response, I made this topic for other users as well..

So what exactly does goes on with that? I just got back from school taking a final

Thanks for the quick response, I made this topic for other users as well..

So what exactly does goes on with that? I just got back from school taking a final

If you used KernelLapic before, you'll need it still. And the current code attached to KernelLapic evidently does not work. Someone will have to update it in Clover.

Is this just like entering the boot argument "cpus=1"?

At least that is what it says in the clover documentation

I've never actually had to enter that in any implementation that I've had with OS X (both "cpus=1" and "KernelLapic" in Clover)

Is this just like entering the boot argument "cpus=1"?

At least that is what it says in the clover documentation

I've never actually had to enter that in any implementation that I've had with OS X (both "cpus=1" and "KernelLapic" in Clover)

The kernel flag cpus=1 is a work around for not having a fix for lapic panic. It may work...

KernelLapic is an option in config.plist you can set...

Note that to have the KernelPm fix, you need to have a very recent build of Clover. I'm not even sure there is a binary available yet (I finished the patch at 10pm[PDST] last night). I build my own copy of Clover from source.

I used 2636 to make a USB, and then updated the EFI Drivers and whatnot from the Given patch (2693) on the beginning of this forum to try and get working. Unfortunately I get the same panic very early in the booting process, due to whatever reason.