DSDT Editor Compile error

lcronos

18 posts in this topic

I'm running Mavericks in VMWare Player on a Dell Inspiron 660, and almost have all of its issues fixed. At this point all I need is to fix audio and have flash run in Firefox (I'm not really concerned with that though, HTML5 is common enough). It doesn't seem to detect my sound card, so I tried using various Voodoo kexts, but they didn't seem to work. Then I saw on here that DSDT files work as a better work around than kexts since they don't need reinstalled after updates.  I downloaded DSDT Editor, and when I go to compile I get 5 unfixable errors. Three of them say "Object does not exist (LPRS)"

One says "7058 Error

syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ENDDEPENDENTFN, expecting ',' "

And the last one "7640 Error syntax error, unexpected '}', expecting $end "

If anyone knows any of the fixes, or a better method all together of getting audio working on my system that'd be great.

Side note, I'll put up screen shots as necessary once I know what the correct key is on a non-mac keyboard, since some of them seem off (The Windows key is cmd, and Alt is opt, but I thought Alt was where cmd goes, and the Meta key is where opt goes).

How do I upload the DSDT, since I don't know how to screen shot in OS X. I've only recently started playing with OS X, so I still have a very Windows and Linux based mindset (either use prtscn, or there is no way to screenshot without additional software). If you can tell me how to just upload the DSDT that'd probably be easier in this case.

I double checked, the file has no errors.

Install OS X in your system and extract dsdt with this terminal command: 

perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while()
{ chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP,
"|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

You can also use this program on Windows to extract the dsdt from bios (run as admin)

DSDTEditor-Linux-Mac-Win.zip

Okay, that makes sense, should I re-upload the DSDT created by Windows, or is there another method to get sound working? I'm not planning on installing it on my system itself, I'd rather get the parts and just build a hackintosh.

A virtual machine is virtual. That's why it's called a virtual machine.

It doesn't matter what sound hardware the host (your PC) has.

You need to search for a VMWare sound driver for OS X, not for your PC.

Provided such a thing exists, it should be easy to find because everybody who runs OS X in VMWare would be using it.

The virtualized video hardware in VMWare does not support OpenGL or any kind of "hardware accelerated graphics" on OS X.

This means that anything that wants to use hardware accelerated graphics will not work.