Apple Bluetooth Keyboard/Trackpad on Clover multi-boot

7 posts in this topic

If I have the Bluetooth keyboard/trackpad working in Mavericks, is there anyway to get it working during the Clover UEFI? Or will I always need a USB keyboard to boot into Windows (or whatever isn't the default)?

And will the bluetooth keyboard/trackpad work in Windows?

this work in mode EFI or UEFI bios, but only if your USBBluetooth is read from the bios, like mine a Belkin Mini  or a compatible for MAC OS, and this work in win too, google  for the drivers

this work in mode EFI or UEFI bios, but only if your USBBluetooth is read from the bios, like mine a Belkin Mini  or a compatible for MAC OS, and this work in win too, google  for the drivers

So certain dongles have the proper drivers for this? I have the IOGear GBU521 and it looks like it won't work in UEFI/BIOS (there is another discussion on the interwebs entitled "How do i get iogear GBU521 and apple BT keyboard to work in bios, or at least in chimera." for those interested).

Are there new recommended USB Bluetooth dongles that work in UEFI and can wake a machine from sleep? That's more important to me anyway.

I'll need to post another topic about getting this to work in Windows 8.1. I had pairing working and had installed a driver from Apple for the trackpad, but I wasn't able to get the connection to stay up in Windows so I could actually use the keyboard (it would just keep disconnecting).

For all those who don't yet know our position about tonymac, and your ##### software, your Forun, Tolls, links, thank you for reading  http://www.insanelym...ort-tonymacx86/   

p.s : pls read the forum rules  !!! 

InsanelyMac doesn't support tonymac's tools. 

InsanelyMac doesn't support tonymac's tools

Good thing I didn't link to their tools, but a relevant discussion about my particular hardware. In fact, if I re-read the rules, it's about not linking to *beast tools, and says nothing about linking to a discussion that doesn't involve said tools. I just wish this community would be more open to discussions that may take place at other forums...

Honestly, this just seems silly and juvenile to me...but I digress and shall step off my soapbox for now.

Edited by mattsnowboard
rm tmac link

So that supports UEFI and wake from sleep? That would be great.

My only concern is that I've setup the Bluetooth pairing to work in both Windows and Mac following this excellent guide:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/268837-dual-boot-bluetooth-pairing-solved/

But I'm not sure how UEFI stores the pairing keys. I need to have the keyboard "just work" when you boot in either OS, otherwise it will require another keyboard (and mouse?) to do the re-pairing each time. Do you know if I can get the pairing to work in all 3 (UEFI, Windows, Mac)?

If not, something like this seems like a nice option for a "UEFI-only" keyboard to simply pick an OS in Clover:

http://www.amazon.com/Numeric-Number-Keypad-Keyboard-Laptop/dp/B00F15JTM4/

Just turn off num-lock and you get the arrows and enter, which is all you need to choose an OS.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Sorry upping an old topic, but did someone ever have the Apple BT mouse and keyboard working with the Clover menu? I have a 4.0 dongle that has full OS X compatibility - wakes from sleep, no third party drivers etc. - yet I can only use the mouse and kb after the OS is loaded...

All the best

My apple keyboard is working in clover (non uefi) IF I restarted the computer. When for example I have a freeze/KP and I have to reset the computer, then the keyboard is not working.

I'm using an original Bluetooth adapter from an old MacBook - there's a thread here in this forum explaining how to do that. Including wake from sleep and no third party driver needed.

Have you tried clicking the pairing/on/off button while booting (before you get to clover)?