Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

USB 3.0 Not working correctly with 10.9 and GA-B75M-D3H

1 post in this topic

My USB 3.0 was working properly (since I first built it) with Mountain Lion 10.8.2 (without GenericUSBXHCI) and was reading and writing at speeds greater than I got with USB 2.0, it was not an issue to backup 300-400GB to my external USB 3.0 drive. Unfortunately once I updated to Mavericks 10.9.0 the write speeds dropped to under 20Mb/s. I ended up not noticing this until I updated to 10.9.2 and decided to do a clean complete backup with Time Machine. The drive is still recognised as USB3.0 and says it's capable of "Up to 5 Gb/sec"  instead of the  "Up to 480 Mb/sec" , I realise speeds are never this high. The USB 3.0 drive actually gets better speeds from my USB2.0 ports, yet still not as high as they were with Mountain Lion. I have tried using the different versions of GenericUSBXHCI.kext and without it. I soon as I had a chance I reinstalled 10.8.2 on a test system, and the drive immediately started writing at speeds greater than 80Mb/s. I then upgraded to 10.9.0 on my test system and the drive went back to writing at under 20Mb/s. 

So anybody have any advice?

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed if their USB 3.0 was actually working properly?

Is it just this motherboard?

Am I using the wrong kext?

Did I need to change any bios settings once I updated to 10.9?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By tusharhasan
      hi guys! im trying to install mavericks
      but halfway through install it just gives me error and stops there, i 
      am attaching the installer log here, please tell me what i missed along the way
      Installer Log 15-Dec-2017.txt
      my specs are:
      asus h61m-k
      intel core i3 3220
      amd radeon hd6670
      thanks in advance!
    • By Mr.Darkwraith
      I'm having audio issues with my Dell Vostro 2520's microphone with VoodooHDA
      The internal microphone isn't detected, yet the microphone audio port is detected, and works.
      According to Windows and Dell, my laptop has the Cirrus Logic CS4213 codec in it, so if that's important, there it is.
      I am on Mavericks 10.9.5, since that works the best on this laptop, but would be open to try newer versions if things work well enough.
      I can provide my DSDT if needed.
    • By gygabyte666
      LAST UPDATED: [11/22/2017]
      Recent Changes:
      -added artur_pt to Thanks list for being the first person to try to help me 4 years ago.
      -FINALLY removed the [WIP] in title. I think it's safe now, haha
      -HUGE post cleanup! should be (hopefully) easier to navigate
      -added new section for 10.13 High Sierra
      -added link to Andrw0380's 10.13 files
      -removed old link to Andrw0380's 10.12.1 / 10.12.2 beta files
      -updated link to Andrw0380's updated 10.12.4 files
      -updated thread title, now shows 10.8.5-10.13.x
      -removed images as they weren't loading anymore anyway
      Previous Changes:
      -added link to Andrw0380's 10.12.1 / 10.12.2 beta files
      -updated 10.12 about image, not a clone of 10.11 about image anymore
      -updated thread title, now shows 10.8.5-10.12.x
      -slight post cleanup
      DISCLAIMER: I can be in no way held responsible for any damage to your computer as a result of the information or files provided on this page. I can't be held responsible for the faults and errors of those who follow (or choose not to follow) my advise or instructions. You are on your own if you proceed. This was created with the assumption that anyone following it would be using the SAME machine model and hardware setup as mine, a HP ENVY 17t-j000 Quad. Using any other model or hardware configuration may work but is completely unsupported! This was never intended to be used as an installation guide and shouldn't be referenced as one. It is merely a place to list my testing results. Consider this your one and ONLY warning. Continue at your OWN RISK...
      NOTICE: I will always be very proud of the work that was put into the making of these files not just by me but through the amazingly generous and wonderful people in this community. During my absence, that same community even took over and provided others with the assistance to keep up-to-date with the newer flavors of OS X. All of that hard work, time and effort will remain here on the first page for as long as possible for both reference and historical purposes. For reference, I supported and maintained packages for 10.8.x Mountain Lion, 10.9.x Mavericks and 10.10.x Yosemite (briefly).
      Andrw0380 has generously been providing more updated support packages for this thread for quite some time now. If you are to use any of the files listed below, I would recommend his as they are typically more recent and better tested. Be sure to check over his posts for further details and usage instructions and don't forget to say THANKS for his time and effort.
      The good news is it has recently been brought to my attention that RehabMan has been hard at work and has created a much better, more reliable method for both current and possibly future OS X installs. His new method, named the "hotpatch" method is far superior to our old ones and should rightfully take its place. I leave you with a direct link to his detailed and extensive guide to assist both current and future users with their adventures in OS X. Should you find success using his method, please remember to say THANKS for his work and to possibly add to his growing repository to hopefully assist future users in their own success stories.

RehabMan "hotpatch" guide
      10.13.x (macOS High Sierra) ENVY Files:
      Files generously provided by Andrw0380 HERE
      Be sure to say THANKS for all the hard work!
      10.12.x (macOS Sierra) ENVY Files:

10.11.x (El Capitan) ENVY Files:

10.10.x (Yosemite) ENVY Files:

[LAST UPDATED: [10/26/2014]
      Dropbox Mirror

10.9.5 (Mavericks) ENVY Files:
      [LAST UPDATED: [04/07/2015]
      Dropbox Update
      [LAST UPDATED: [10/26/2014]
      Dropbox Mirror

10.8.5 (Mountain Lion) ENVY Files:
      [LAST UPDATED: [04/07/2015]
      Dropbox Update

[LAST UPDATED: [08/28/2014]
      Dropbox Mirror
      [in no particular order]
      - CharlieSheen
      - bcc9
      - RehabMan
      - mnfesq
      - toleda
      - Mieze
      - Micky1979
      - artur_pt
      - TimeWalker75a
      - Slice
      - Andrw0380
      - jerrywilborn
      - Cobra03
      - hotKoffy
      - mnorthern
      - PikeRAlpha
      - nrjmadan
      REMINDER: An unbelievable amount of hard work, dedication and enormous amounts of time have gone into the making, testing and maintaining of the content for this post, this thread and the entire forum as a whole. Please do try to remember that SOMEONE has to make all this happen. Be sure to THANK those who deserve it. A little appreciation goes a long way.
      CONCLUSION: Lastly, I am rarely active anymore and would just like to say thank you to all those who stepped up and not only took my place during my absence but also improved upon what I started so many years ago now. I truly can't believe how long this thread has survived and it is awe-inspiring to see how much further it has moved along since I last visited it. You are all just amazing and wonderful people for doing what you do. You all know who you are. Keep doing what you do and thank you again for everything that you've already done and for everything that you will hopefully continue to do in the future.

• By Dubesor
      I know this is kind of broad, but if I build a workstation that's well supported on High Sierra now, how likely is it to still work well with the next major OSx release next fall?
      If you had to guess, what % chance do I have of encountering major issues when trying to update next fall? The kinds of issues that would seriously interfere with my day to day work of photo and video editing? For example, kext/kernel panics (is that even a thing still?) or major pieces of hardware suddenly not being supported, and so on...
      Has migrating your Hackintosh to the latest release has gotten easier in recent years? So for those of you who have been making builds for a while, is going from Sierra to High Sierra causing you fewer problems than Mavericks --> Yosemite for example or Yosemite --> El Capitan etc? 
      Sorry if this is a bit broad and ignorant, but I've been away from the forums for quite a while and just trying to get a sense of how "stable" and "future-proof" Hackintoshes are these days - compared to Apple's own desktops ...
      I'm OK not updating incrementally ie v13.1 to v13.2 if I need to, but I'm worried about having to start completely from scratch with each new main version.
    • By Giammi553
      Hello, i'm here because i have a problem with the VGA output of
      my Nvidia GT730 (4 GB). 
      I'm currently running Mavericks 10.9.5 and i have only one monitor connected
      to the HDMI port of the video card. Since the GT730 has VGA, HDMI and
      DVI i tried to connect a second monitor to the VGA port but i couldn't see the
      HDMI display and the VGA resolution was stuck at 1024x768.

Can i do something to enable the dual monitor ? 
      I haven't installed Nvidia Web Driver, but when only the HDMI is connected
      it runs at full 60 fps.
      Thank you all in advance !
      PS: I use Clover as bootloader.