Help! Again!

Orea

13 posts in this topic

kk! Cheers, Its v.old! Its an emachines 360, and i was messing around!

As you can see by my sig, i want a new system (ultimate) -- But because im british, and dont listen, i normally buy the wrong thing!

Please if anyone can, Pick a system that will blow my mind out! -- Can you pick the best parts if poss!

BaYlisS

if you really want to spend 8100 $ in a new machine go and buy a mac pro.

it will be 100 % compatible to osx :mellow: and windows will also work.

i dont think that a hackintosh could beat a quad 3ghz xeon machine - not even overclocked...

so this could blow your mind out:

Mac Pro with:

2x 3Ghz dualcore xeon

8 GB RAM

1,25 TB Harddisc (250 GB for system and 1 TB for data)

Nvidia Quadro FX 4500, 512 MB

costs: 8250 $

The first line runs off the right hand side of the picture - there could have been an SSE2 out there somewhere. They are not always listed together.

I will take another picture in a min, i sucsessfully installed mindriva on it! -- hurray!!

have you got any idea's for my system? (i would like mac, but i dont want 1, i would like a custom build pc @ the mo, so dont surggest 1)

BaYlisS

Tlk 2 me on msn, littlebayliss@hotmail.com

If you really have that much money, why not get a Mac Pro, and a monitor? It's a quadcore PC with room for a ton of expansion. Don't bother with OSX86 if you can afford the real thing if you ask me.

kk! Cheers, Its v.old! Its an emachines 360, and i was messing around!

As you can see by my sig, i want a new system (ultimate) -- But because im british, and dont listen, i normally buy the wrong thing!

Please if anyone can, Pick a system that will blow my mind out! -- Can you pick the best parts if poss!

BaYlisS

Putting together a system that suits you can be a long process. I suggest you do it yourself.

There are too many variables in selecting the machine you desire: what are you gonna use it for, whould you like liquid cooling, dual CPUs, dual monitor, SLI graphics, will you be using it for gaming, 3D rendering, video encoding, programming, what OS/applications do you want to run ... too many questions for us to design a system for you. Really, I suggest you build your own. Go to a forum of guys that do only that and don't be affraid of asking questions.

Start with the case, a case you like. Make sure it is either a mid tower or a full tower. But full towers are more suitable for a server machine.

I could certainly build you a kick-ass system for 8000$ Canadian but why would you want to miss on all that fun?

Anyway, for that price, I would go with

- screemer Intel Core™2 Extreme Processor X6800 (I prefer AMD but Intel is better supported on OSX86)

- Kick-ass dual Radeon® X1900 CrossFire™ Edition 512MB PCIE vid cards (again, I prefer BFG but same reason as above, two cards is overkill but if you "need" them)

- Water cooling by Thermaltake (Tide Water and Symphony systems)

- 4 Gig of PC2-8000 Dual Channel DDR2 memory

- Now, I think you'll need a good 6-700W of PSU for all that stuff, too much juice never hurts anyway, get - something modular.

- A good case of your choice, but stay away from plastic, aluminum all the way.

- Whatever monitor that needs a crane and a crew of ten to be moved into your house.

With a rig like this, gurlz will cream their pants over you .... :)