So I'm going to erase and convert to GUID

maxell505

5 posts in this topic

Ok so this is my problem. I want to dual boot Mavericks and Windows 8. I have a Windows 8 DVD and I have Mavericks on a bootable USB Drive(Niresh Mavericks). Other forum users said that I have to erase my whole drive because everytime i go to install osx on the partition I made for it in Windows, it gives me an error saying "could not modify partition map". So I am going to start all over and I am going to erase my whole hard drive and than create two partitions in disk utility. One is going to be formatted as Mac OSX Journaled and the other is going to be formatted in FAT. Am I doing this correctly? I am using Niresh Mavericks, therefore I am not using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. 

Am I doing this all correctly? Also how do I install a bootloader. I dont care which one. As long as it lets me boot into OSX Mavericks or Windows 8.

Hello.

You don't have to do that in order to have both installed.

I've Windows 8.1 on an NTFS partition with mbr as partition map, and later I installed maverics as HFS+

You only have to add a mbr patch to the usb installer.

The bootloader is installer after, and is fully compatible with Windows 8/8.1

Hello.

You don't have to do that in order to have both installed.

I've Windows 8.1 on an NTFS partition with mbr as partition map, and later I installed maverics as HFS+

You only have to add a mbr patch to the usb installer.

The bootloader is installer after, and is fully compatible with Windows 8/8.1

but will the MBR patch work if I am using the Niresh Mavericks USB Installer???

@ maxell505

listen ...

this is the third topic you opened to tell us the same thing and I would be forced (again) to lock it

we heard you, now it is time for you to hear us ...

here's the topic where all started http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296772-how-to-change-from-mbr-to-guid/ and we would like that you continue and finally finish with that.

if we see that you don't care about what we say to you, we will be forced to put you under the moderator preview

Thank you for your understanding

Cordially, staff