Mavericks 10.9.2 released

verleihnix

104 posts in this topic

Really? Lol I always had 0x01 for all "built-in" things in my dsdt... Time to change that then... :)

(I always thought that 0x00 means false, 0x01 means true.)

IMHO a 0x01/0x00 value doesn't mean true/false in this case, try to use for testing no value

Buffer (Zero) {}

My previous post pointed a problem after updating to 10.9.2 I noticed: built-in entry gone from devices

From I know, all integrated devices must be Built-in = 0x00. I did never know what 0x01 meant. Please see ioregs from genuine macs, it only should appear integrated devices as built-in = 0x00. For example Ethernet, usb ports, HDEF, IGPU, LPCB, MCHC, SATA, SBUS, etc.

causing some problems. If you'll notice symptoms similar to mine this may be a solution

Changed built-in to 0x00, checked in IORegistryExplorer to make sure I got built-in values 0x00, but FaceTime just drops me back to login page without error message after I selected my email which is the "call-able" email. iMessage says what is said always (this apple id is can't be used this time blah blah...), but I don't really care iMessage, I only care FaceTime.

edit: now it started to give an error message, but nothing specific, just a non-informative error message.

edit2: okay so if I alter my filenvram "4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM" value, it gives an error message. If I leave it as it was by default, then no error message. But it drops me back to login page regardless if I modify ROM or not.

edit3: SOLVED! Logged in to FaceTime! Went to terminal and I just empty this field in nvram: "4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM" by typing "sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=" and pressed enter. FaceTime immediately logged in! :D  So filenvram plugin needs to be updated because with this I'm getting the error message in iMessage like if I don't have filenvram plugin installed...

• Like 1

Is this trick workin for iMessage also?

Because my facetime was fixed with that. Thanks.

EDIT:

Messages fixed by putting "BaseBoardSerial & System serial 17 digits identically :D

Thanks fellas :D

So you simply added the extra characters to your serial and iMessage started to work? Btw I haven't checked it, but ROM stays empty on reboot?

Yes! It stays empty if your nvram is writable. So System Serial and BaseBoard Serial MUST BE the SAME! (17 digits).

For Facetime to work you need to let ROM empty!

Remark: the trick works on Ozmosis BIOS which also works only with UEFI Motherboard!

Changed built-in to 0x00, checked in IORegistryExplorer to make sure I got built-in values 0x00, but FaceTime just drops me back to login page without error message after I selected my email which is the "call-able" email. iMessage says what is said always (this apple id is can't be used this time blah blah...), but I don't really care iMessage, I only care FaceTime.

edit: now it started to give an error message, but nothing specific, just a non-informative error message.

edit2: okay so if I alter my filenvram "4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM" value, it gives an error message. If I leave it as it was by default, then no error message. But it drops me back to login page regardless if I modify ROM or not.

edit3: SOLVED! Logged in to FaceTime! Went to terminal and I just empty this field in nvram: "4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM" by typing "sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=" and pressed enter. FaceTime immediately logged in! :D  So filenvram plugin needs to be updated because with this I'm getting the error message in iMessage like if I don't have filenvram plugin installed...

To be checked:

ROM = network device MAC address (en0 - FireWire or Ethernet or Wi-Fi)

MLB = SMboardserial (smbios) 17 chars

built-in entry present under network device in (IORegExpl)

To be checked:

I already checked MLB, built-in, they're there like before (before 10.9.2 FaceTime worked nicely).

If I set ANYTHING(even my ethernet MAC address or anything) FaceTime refuse to login. It only log in when ROM is empty.

I already checked MLB, built-in, they're there like before (before 10.9.2 FaceTime worked nicely).

If I set ANYTHING(even my ethernet MAC address or anything) FaceTime refuse to login. It only log in when ROM is empty.

If I set or not MLB and ROM everything works only built-entry was a key. Did you try to register your valid credit card?

If I set or not MLB and ROM everything works only built-entry was a key. Did you try to register your valid credit card?

If it works with empty ROM value, then why would I need a credit card? Btw I don't want to set valid credit card.

Btw 17digit serial number not fixed iMessage for me... Before 10.9.2 I got the "this apple id can't be used this time" error message, now I'm getting the "there was an error on activating" message. If I fill ROM value, then I get the "this apple id can't be used this time" error message in iMessage, but then FaceTime not working lol.

If it works with empty ROM value, then why would I need a credit card? Btw I don't want to set valid credit card.

Btw 17digit serial number not fixed iMessage for me... Before 10.9.2 I got the "this apple id can't be used this time" error message, now I'm getting the "there was an error on activating" message. If I fill ROM value, then I get the "this apple id can't be used this time" error message in iMessage, but then FaceTime not working lol.

So try to register CC, haven't a better idea.

Well i would like to share my thoughts on iMessage. I did fresh installs and never got iMessage to work same thing apple id can't be used at this time contact apple or error on activation. I tried everything on the internet and got the same thing. So has one last thing i added a credit card to my apple id went to login BANG was in message wow. Then my card expired and i no longer could log in anymore. What was very strange when i went to my mates on is real iMac 2013 i could login on any off my apple ids even without a card. And yes i tried everything on the internet changed nvram platformUDID tried FileNVRAM 1.1. 1.2 1.3 now im logged into iMessage fine. I have another id with no card on file that won't login on my hackintosh but works on my mates iMac. I will try anything if anyone has any more tips has i no the pc is setup fine now ?????  

hello, got the same probs since 10.9.2. imessage works fine before with clover.

the only think that would help me was to call the apple support with a real SN.

i ask them if the reason was the missing CC but he denied.

i have to login into imessage with each maschine and behind his reset all works fine again.

but i have a question, how could i convert the hardware uuid shown in hardwareoverview into the one

i have to insert into clover custom uuid? because i want to change it to a real one.

thx in advance

You say that for imessage or for facetime? I just want facetime to work with non-empty ROM value.

I'm not sure if a difference because I haven't such problems. Probably your system provides some info that Apple doesn't accept. Check your config especially smbios entries (serials etc.), compare to original Mac's smbios.

I'm not sure if a difference because I haven't such problems. Probably your system provides some info that Apple doesn't accept. Check your config especially smbios entries (serials etc.), compare to original Mac's smbios.

I already tried with an almost empty smbios.plist (which I used before the new smbios feature chameleon builds) and same happens. Also it worked fine with same chameleon, same smbios.plist on 10.9.1. This problem only came with 10.9.2.

"Ensure 'MLB' variable >= 17 digits, pad BaseBoardSerial with digits generated from UUID when needed."

You mean 17digits+UUID value? Where did you get this?

Edit: not worked.

This never failed me...

Must consist of the following

Clover:

<key>BoardSerialNumber</key>

<string>C020Q09J15W19P69B</string> <-- must be unique
<key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
<string>0xC0001007</string> <-- must be unique
<key>SerialNumber</key>
<string>CK196HELDB6</string> <-- must be unique

Chameleon:

<key>SMboardserial</key>

<string>C020Q09J15W19P69B</string> <-- must be unique
<key>SMchassisserial</key>
<string>CK196HELDB6</string> <-- must be unique
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>CK196HELDB6</string>  <-- same with SMchassisserial

First

... Probably your system provides some info that Apple doesn't accept. Check your config especially smbios entries (serials etc.), compare to original Mac's smbios.

Next

To be checked:

At the end

So try to register CC, haven't a better idea.

If all above fail register new Apple ID.

Tried to create smbios, used same values (of course the serial numbers are unique) as real macpro3,1. Same problem. Tried to log in with a different appleid, same problem. :( It worked nicely until 10.9.2

Tried to create smbios, used same values (of course the serial numbers are unique) as real macpro3,1. Same problem. Tried to log in with a different appleid, same problem. :( It worked nicely until 10.9.2

Try riginal serials from real Mac.

P.S. would you share your .ioreg?

A bit late updating to 10.9.2 -

failure for me.

I get the annoying:

still waiting for root device.

worked fine with 10.9.1

tried some stuff, but no luck.

using an old Dimension 9200 C2D

with Lion and MLion both working mint.

via Chameleon 2.2

I tried to replace some kexts doing with AHCI and ATA, and USBBusFix=Yes but no luck either,

Answering myself,

Got it fixed by using the latest version of Chameleon Trunk version: Chameleon-2.2svn-r2377

with all modules loaded.

I guess the similar Enoch one would work too ;)

what exactlly worked, no idea,

but good idea to reinstall 10.9.2 to get the kexts up to par.

Again.

An issue cropped up with chameleon modules, continual reboot.

the module I had to remove is: FileNVRAM.dylib

another important point, and it might be the actual solution, without messing as I did above:

use chameleon wizard to make the mavericks partition active.

well so far so good, 10.9.2 on Dell Dim 9200 now works for me ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Straight and easy update on my Dell Latitude D630 nVidia laptop and Vostro 200 desktop systems, both running Vanilla kernel.

However, different story for my Precision 670 running on Bronya's AMD kernel (those early Dual-Core Xeon do not support vanilla kernel): after updating from 10.9.1 via Apple menu or via Combo update or even after a fresh 10.9.2 install, boot fails to complete and get stuck on the following error message:

Data/Stack execution not permitted: xpcd[pid xxx] at virtual address yyyyyyyyyyy, protections were read-write

Were you able to find out what causes this? I'm getting the same thing when I try on my FX 8350.