Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Fabius Bile

G5 front pannel button for atx motherboard

7 posts in this topic

Hi, i have a little question for you, but first I must tell you that I do not speak good English, so excuse me, and you try to be as simple as possible, thanks.

Then, i have an G5 case, and i want modding it to fitting an normal ATX mother board (m-atx).
I have bought the BlackCH cable (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/222735-g5-front-panel-to-atx-io-cables/), but i have the incorrect pannel board.
I want to buy the correct pannel board, an 820-1560 version, i have find it, but dont have the power button, i can utilise my power button in this pannel board?

This is my power button and pannel board:

This is the pannel board i want to buy:

The power button cable, it's fitting in the motherboard i want to buy?

Sorry if this questions has already been made, but i can't to read an english forum.

Many thanks, bye.

I am in the same situation I want to use the existing power button. I plan on adapting the power button with LED to a mATX motherboard. I hope what I do will answer your question soon enough :) 

@Razzle:Yes,I tried it, and the power button works.

View My Video

Very awesome job Fabius, I have that I/O panel I might not use it i can mail it to you. 

Thanks, but I do not need another.

Sell it on ebay, costs a lot of money  ^_^

Maybe if i find a new G5 case...