Testers needed: CPU Power Management for SB and IB Xeon(s) or i7-39xx on X79 or C60x chipset

omni

494 posts in this topic

I'm using a 4930k with a P9X79-E WS mobo. I have working CPUPM with just an SSDT for PM created with the latest version of ssdtPRGen script. The only thing i needed to do was use the flag for the script that adds both ivy bridge fixes. No patched kext is needed.

Thanks! Glad to hear it. I heard mention of problems with the CPU being properly detected to enable CPUPM. Doing a build for a friend this weekend.

I'm using a 4930k with a P9X79-E WS mobo. I have working CPUPM with just an SSDT for PM created with the latest version of ssdtPRGen script. The only thing i needed to do was use the flag for the script that adds both ivy bridge fixes. No patched kext is needed.

Can you post a stock SSDT and a 4.5 GHz Turbo generated one. Thanks. 

I am using the vanilla appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext and i'm using the fakesmc.kext from Rampage Dev's .dmg.

fantastic. working like a charm for me! i'm using 4960x and finally i'm using too vanilla appleintelcpupowermaagement.kext and latest version of fakesmc (but with some plugins from rampagedev's fakesmc, like test.kext and fakesmckeystore.kext).

how can i send the ssdt to rampage? i have not his mail

In the second beta of 10.9.3 the appleintelcpupowermanagement changed a little bit but the omni patch for sandy bridge-E still working.

842f01
to
852f01

3e753a
to
3e9090

845f01
to
855f01

7410b9
to
eb10b9

7507b9
to
eb07b9

fc0274
to
fc02eb

to
01eb58
  • Like 1

updated to OS X 10.9.3 (13D17)

New AICPUPM.kext (v.216.100.1 previous was v216.0.0)

Pros

Now IPG and HW monitors see OOTB low steps (cpu 2690 V2)

Cons

AICPUPMI now freezes my system

Greater wattage and temperature shown

with kextstat seems that AICPUPM is not loaded

I have to do others tests but probably I will revert to first 10.9.3 beta or better to 10.9.2

added

to check if mach_kernel is the same of previous versions

Try roll back as well. 

To clarify better:

rampage, without this thread, maybe your fakesmc test.kext solution should have had a different time release.. or not?

In fact, he says to do not use mac mini StepContextDict, and then with this kext it emulates, and chickens bite

Hi omni,

I don't understand your statement here because forum like IM here helps to try different things before other people fixes bugs or similar stuff

For me, hackintosh is a funny hobby, so I try all I can..and then if things go wrong I revert it to the previous step without complain, but only trying to understand better accordly to my knowledge.

And then, people trying things in this post or in other are not beta tester?

Also.. I don't understand rampagedev like :-) or maybe yes? :-P

To clarify better:

rampage, without this thread, maybe your fakesmc test.kext solution should have had a different time release.. or not?

Apple blowup 10.9.3 to bring out issues. Let it get to a higher build number before we begin to really dig in. Also the Test.kext injects code that corrects the issue with the lower speed step not being achieved. Using the Mac Mini SMBIOS loaded other items which in turn caused issues. This is the safe way to implement the required changes. 

Apple blowup 10.9.3 to bring out issues. Let it get to a higher build number before we begin to really dig in. Also the Test.kext injects code that corrects the issue with the lower speed step not being achieved. Using the Mac Mini SMBIOS loaded other items which in turn caused issues. This is the safe way to implement the required changes.

what kind of problem they had users who have used SMBIOS Mac mini, you make me understand?

It is the right way. I did not patch fakesmc at all for pm. I just put the file in there so people would not worry about it.

Sure ? You are convinced that is the right way? I do not think .... try to ask someone who has the overclocked cpu ... and tell him to launch an prime 95 mac .... and see if they are stable overclock .... andrew listen with my 3930 k overclocked to 4700 emulation with the Mac mini restarts .... I had the time ... when I was working with fotoshop ... ahahahahah .... please do not say nonsense .... for me is' just aesthetics. I tell you ... and also the reason ... on asus R4 I measured the voltage tester .... and it 'all ok ... so for me it is' a mental masturbation ....

Sure ? You are convinced that is the right way? I do not think .... try to ask someone who has the overclocked cpu ... and tell him to launch an prime 95 mac .... and see if they are stable overclock .... andrew listen with my 3930 k overclocked to 4700 emulation with the Mac mini restarts .... I had the time ... when I was working with fotoshop ... ahahahahah .... please do not say nonsense .... for me is' just aesthetics. I tell you ... and also the reason ... on asus R4 I measured the voltage tester .... and it 'all ok ... so for me it is' a mental masturbation ....

4.75 GHz here and stable. OCing issues can be due to a lot of factors. 

Sabertooth X79/4930k user here.  I'm on 10.9.2 using Clover, although everything I describe has happened under Chameleon as well.

PM works fine for me using Vanilla AICPUPM and latest FakeSMC.  However I'm having stability issues.  Every once in a while it just randomly restarts.  The console log isn't much help.  A whole lot of mdworker errors.  It follows a pattern though.  Typically programs will start crashing, especially Chrome and finder.  And eventually the whole ship goes down.  This is the typical way.  Some times it is more sudden.

I've chased some red herrings when looking through the console logs, thinking it may be certain programs.  But in time all the crashes persist.  

I've run MEMTEST86 and everything is good there.

My current working theory is that with turbo and XMP and otherwise stock settings, perhaps the newly available speeds (3.9 ghz) are causing issues.  So I've upped the voltage, tweaked load line calibration, etc.  We'll see.  I've run overclocked and the issues seem to appear faster, so perhaps that is it.  My solutoin was always to go back to stock (or near) settings and run with no OC.  So maybe I just need more voltage etc. on stock settings.  I don't know.

It is frustrating.

Anyone else experiencing similar problems?  Besides the random restarts it all works great.

Open a new topic, mr. west. Restarting without a panic is usually a hardware problem. I would suspect ram, oc, psu, can also happen from not having full graphics support. 

I'll start another thread but this seemed like an appropriate place as everything is *rock solid* when not loading a SSDT for PM.  And has been for years (3820) and months (4930k pre-PM).  So I'm all ears as to what could be causing the issue, but it seems like it has to be PM related.  If I remove the SSDT for PM, everything is stable as can be.

@rampage dev

I know rampage that many factors help to achieve a good and stable OC, but before I was explain you that with same firmware settings I have random freeze if I use your test.kext (with inside MacMin6.2 stepcontentdict)

instead, with vanilla fakesmc and MacPro6.1 SMBios.plist all is perfect.

Do you understand me now?