[guide] Mavericks 10.9 on AMD APU (partially working...at the moment)

super_engine

5 posts in this topic

Hi to all

Few weeks ago i bought a HP All In One 20", 1600x900. The main configuration is:

- AMD APU E1-1500 (dual core)

- ATI Radeon HD 7310 on board (shared memory)

- 4 GB DDR3

- Install on a USB Disk

A nice All io One PC with a cheap price. About 440 €

The pc have pre-installed windown 8.0

I'm a old hackintosh man. So I've started to "transform" thi AiO in a iMAC

So, begin the guide.

- In windows go on Niresh website and follow the instructions to download Mavericks 10.9 for Intel e AMD PCs

- In Windows use Transmac (can restore .dmg files on DVDs or USB sticks) and restore the downloaded .dmg on a USB stick (minimum 8 GB)

- In the bios, you must setup "NO" for locked/protect boot (you must allow unlocked/unprotect boot) and "Yes" for the use of the legacy supports (like USB that must be of "legacy type")

- Now restart the PC and select USB stick to boot. On th boot choose F8 to enter the option of the following point

- PAY ATTENTION. You MUST select this options "amd64 -v GraphicsEnabler=No" (fundamental is amd64, a script for 64 bit AMD CPUs, and GraphicsEnabler=No) If you have some problems on USB you can also use the option USBBusFix=Yes

- Follow the installation instructions. Use DiskUtility to select the HD where you want install Mavericks. If you select a connected USB drive you must use MBR partition (on USB, the GUID do not works. This on my PC)

- On the windows in which you can select the drive where install do not change the configuration "Customize button" proposed by Niresh DVD

- Finished the installation reboot the PC, select the drive where you have installed Mavericks.

- On chameleon windows you MUST use this options "-amd64 -v GraphicsEnabler=No"

Now, after the configuration you have a working 10.9 system on a AMD based PC.

The last important operations are to fix the various kext that don't work (Audio, Wifi/Network, Video/GPU). Normally the most complex job is for Video/GPU. Now I'm fighting with my ATI Radeon HD 7310.

USB and Audio, with standard Niresh installation, work out of box

Good Luck

Hi to all

Few weeks ago i bought a HP All In One 20", 1600x900. The main configuration is:

- AMD APU E1-1500 (dual core)

- ATI Radeon HD 7310 on board (shared memory)

- 4 GB DDR3

- Install on a USB Disk

A nice All io One PC with a cheap price. About 440 €

The pc have pre-installed windown 8.0

I'm a old hackintosh man. So I've started to "transform" thi AiO in a iMAC

So, begin the guide.

- In windows go on Niresh website and download the torrent for Mavericks 10.9 for Intel e AMD PCs

- Using utorrent (or another client) download the .dmg file (size 5.3 GB more o less)

- From "anywhere" download and install Transmac (can restore .dmg files on DVDs or USB sticks)

- Using Transmac, restore the downloaded .dmg on a USB stick (minimum 8 GB)

- In the bios, you must setup "NO" for locked/protect boot (you must allow unlocked/unprotect boot) and "Yes" for the use of the legacy supports (like USB that must be of "legacy type")

- Now restart the PC and select USB stick to boot. On th boot choose F8 to enter the option of the following point

- PAY ATTENTION. You MUST select this options "amd64 -v GraphicsEnabler=No" (fundamental is amd64, a script for 64 bit AMD CPUs, and GraphicsEnabler=No) If you have some problems on USB you can also use the option USBBusFix=Yes

- Follow the installation instructions. Use DiskUtility to select the HD where you want install Mavericks. If you select a connected USB drive you must use MBR partition (on USB, the GUID do not works. This on my PC)

- On the windows in which you can select the drive where install do not change the configuration "Customize button" proposed by Niresh DVD

- Finished the installation reboot the PC, select the drive where you have installed Mavericks.

- On chameleon windows you MUST use this options "-amd64 -v GraphicsEnabler=No"

Now, after the configuration you have a working 10.9 system on a AMD based PC.

The last important operations are to fix the various kext that don't work (Audio, Wifi/Network, Video/GPU). Normally the most complex job is for Video/GPU. Now I'm fighting with my ATI Radeon HD 7310.

USB and Audio, with standard Niresh installation, work out of box

Good Luck

delete all torrent_shi_t that interests no one. you make yourself unpopular. you write that you are a mature man, so

to your problem with:

SOUND + WIFI + Ethernet + GPU

first install SystemInfo on your main operating system, then launch the SystemInfo app tool,

then you make the evaluation as a picture and upload the picture,

then we can help you or post your question here  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285760-help-topic-further-help-in-chatosx86hulegacykernel-irc/page-93

SystemInfo app tool

http://www.osx86.net...43-system-info/

Edited by spakk