OpenEMu v1.0 released - classic gaming on OS X

zbarsky

6 posts in this topic

I just tried it out... played DK Country on SNES and it played flawlessly thru the first level. Tried playing the first level on Sonic The Hedgehog: on parts of the level there's a bug in the emulator where it forces the player to move left even when the player isn't pressing the left button. Played MK 2 on Sega 32X, that went smooth. Played Super Mario Bros on NES: the directional controls either left or right, would invert during game play. For what it's worth, my observations were made while using a PS3 Dual Shock controller.

I just tried it out... played DK Country on SNES and it played flawlessly thru the first level. Tried playing the first level on Sonic The Hedgehog: on parts of the level there's a bug in the emulator where it forces the player to move left even when the player isn't pressing the left button. Played MK 2 on Sega 32X, that went smooth. Played Super Mario Bros on NES: the directional controls either left or right, would invert during game play. For what it's worth, my observations were made while using a PS3 Dual Shock controller.

You can file an issue report on Github where the application is hosted - some solutions for controller problems can be found there.

I've been waiting for this app for so long! i had some problem while trying to compile the beta, now it's out !! thanks a lot !

Also there is a GameCube/Wii emulator for OSX too : http://www.dolphin-emulator.com Dolphin, i can run all the game smoothly  on my hackintosh !

More good news - OpenEmu will include a Dolphin emulator core in the main release at some point.