Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

10.6.8 glitches after install.

6 posts in this topic

so i have this glitch, http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200147396-DirectX-8-1-error-when-launching-GTA-games-on-Mac

i only see HD5000 under system profiler, i have an HD5570 1gb (XFX)

also how do i go about fixing the SBIOS error at boot? i see chameleon wizard has some check boxes and empty fields regarding "smbios"

EDIT: FYI, i have 3d accrelertion working but, since it only sees it as an HD5000 i can't play gta,

if it breaks anything will -v -x work or will need to laod my hdd into antoher mac/hackintosh? can i not try "AtiConfig=Eulemur" at boot or is it not a boot command?

EDIT: also my up and down on my ps2 mouse is inverted, i used the voodoo drivers that came on the iATKOS S3 V2 disc. when i click on "about this mac" it closes finder then the screen goes black then the log on screen pops up.

EDIT: i checked "AtiConfig=Eulemur" in the wizard and it didn't do any thing. I do not think i'm using any sort of graphics enabler, could that be it?

also in verbose mdoe i noticed "warning: kernel was not built with custom dyld blob".  goog brought this up, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/243273-1066-legacy-kernel-for-intelamd-3264bit-ready-to-download-by-qoopznawcomanvblackknightmucha/?do=findComment&comment=1623414

but, i have no idea what the heck a dyld blob is. is it just warnign me that it's using the standard appl dyld blob?

so i tired following this,

i mine has a "D" i copied thel ine, replaced the big "D" with a litte "d" and now even after cahngingthings back it no longer decets my onceworking hd5570 at all

what i ever i did i broke it, i'm gonan do an clean install but, i'll still need help getting the video card fully working.