mariosk9gr

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Recently I made a new rig to run OSX and Win. My system is:

Intel i7 4770K

Asus Maximus VI Formula

Asus GTX770 2GB OC Edition

Kingston 16GB 1600Mhz C9 (4x4GB)

I bought the system a month ago without gpu and installed Mavericks with myhack 3.3.1 successfully without any problems (just needed kext for audio).

My problems started when I bought Asus GTX 770 10 days ago and since then my system suffering from random freezes. So last 10 days Im searching everyday to find a

solution for my problem and I have try many methods which none of them worked for me. Before I analyze the steps I tried I have to mention that most times the freezes

go away after 30 secs and sometimes I have to hard reset my system. Below are the steps I have followed so far:

1. Installing "Freeze Fix" app

2. Uninstalling Logitech software "LCC Connection Utility (for my mouse)

3. Change system definitions such as "Mac Pro 3.1" and "Mac Pro 5.1" etc

4. Do a fresh Installation

5. Install on a different hdd Mountain Lion 10.8.5

6. Remove any internal hdd/dvd device and leave only the installation drive

7. Remove any USB device that is connected to my PC.

Unfortunately none of the above worked for me as a solution..

All these days since I installed my new Gpu I had an eye all time time in Console to see from where these freezes were coming from...

So I noticed that every time I had a freeze I had also the same crash report to my console which is:

"localhost kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!" (This is the report from my ML 10.8.5 installation)

Also I have attached a screenshot from console which is from Mavericks 10.9.1 installation.

As it seems the problem is probably connected with my Gpu and only I think.

Is there anyone who has similar problems (I red that many people also with GTX 6XX series have similar freezes) and can give me a solution to my problem?

post-1234601-0-03131300-1387723596_thumb.jpg

Try to high up memory voltage if you are at 1,5 try 1,61V in case it comes from your memory

But do it at your own risk. Some memory which are not correctly cooled can burn.

For my part my memory was not is the motherboard list and I gain my stability thanks to this method

Thanks for the tips guys.

Memories are 2 kits of KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX which are compatible with QVL's motherboard support list.

Also they are set from Bios to XMP with timings 9-9-9-27 and running at 1.65V just like Kingston suggests for these models.

Last to mention that my machine also runs win 8.1 pro without any problems so far and before I build this new rig they were running 

to an Asus P5Q3 motherboard which was running 10.8.5 and 10.9 successfully.

Now my formula motherboard had Bios 0903 until today which I upgraded to 1203. Since then it runs 10 hours without any freezes so far but I need some extra time

to be 100% sure that my problem have been solved... also with new bios version the gpu power management doesn't work anymore so propably my problem has been solved

because most people who had freezes they were talking that they were occurring when gpu was going to 100% idle.

I will leave it a few days like this all day open and running to see how it goes and then I will try to find a way to fix power management for my graphics card ( cpu power management works fine).

Any thoughts - suggestions?

P.S   Happy New Year to everyone and I wish you all health, love, money and Zero problems for your hackintoshes this year! :)

This is my last freeze from windowserver (attachment).

The strange thing I noticed is if I power my pc for 1st time the power management doesn't work.. but if I restart and login again

to Mavericks then it works.

The great thing is that no freezes so far and this is the 3rd day Im running all day my pc..

I hope it keeps that way and the truth is that Im afraid to start experiment with power management options in case freezes come back again.

Update:

06/01/2013

System is running for sixth day all day on and no freezes have shown up!

Thanks to the new Bios revision my problem has been solved!

CPU/GPU Power Management sometimes work and other don't but its not a real issue for me.

Thanks again guys for your help.

post-1234601-0-09601000-1388750520_thumb.png