Dell Inspiron 15R Special Edition

TheNavigator

127 posts in this topic

It's Elantech.

I tried that, it didn't work either.

Afterwards I tried removing ApplePS2Controller.kext from Extra/Extensions (I already removed the EFI/Clover one), and now neither the keyboard nor the touchpad work, so I'm just going to restore it.

post-962341-0-63507200-1397156490_thumb.jpg

I dived deeper and I found out that the MyHack.kext installed with myHack has its own ApplePS2Controller and that it always overrode whatever came before it, except the Voodoo kext, because of the alphabetical order. I backed it up and deleted the one on the USB, I copied the ApplePS2Controller.kext and used myHack's myFix option to fix the permissions and then I deleted the myHack kext again, however, neither the USB mouse, the wireless mouse, the touchpad, nor the laptop's keyboard works right now.

I tried again using myHack, OSXLatitude boot pack, the USB fix kexts, -v and PciRoot=1 as boot flags. I had to use a USB mouse and keyboard to be able to control the thing. I successfully erased my partition and started installing, however, it stopped at around 70%~80% of the progress. I couldn't save the logs but I got a screenshot, which is attached.

post-962341-0-47946100-1397508668_thumb.jpg

Thanks dude. A friend with a different laptop used Niresh and it worked for him. There isn't much details nor there a tutorial specifically for Inspiron 7520 using Niresh, but I'll give it a shot.

Hey I have just successfully installed Niresh. Don't forget to turn the BIOS option "SpeedStep" to disabled. You should use kernerl flags "-x -f PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No" to boot your USB stick. The installation is straight forward. After the first boot of your OS X 10.9 on HDD, Niresh will configure your Hackintosh. And then reboot your machine. After finishing the installation, copy the attachment to your /Extra folder. Now turn SpeedStep to enabled and fix kext. When all done, use "PCIRootUID=0 IGPEnabler=Yes" to boot.

enjoy!

extra.zip

SPEEDSTEP! HA!

I disabled SpeedStep and ran myHack's installation again. I had to fix all the kexts manually. It installed successfully, and then I used your kernel flags to boot, AND IT WORKED! There are a dozen of things that don't work, though, like the resolution, the touchpad, ethernet, etc, so I'm going to search how can I fix that.

I need some help. I installed the kexts in the HDD.zip file in the first guide I linked to. I copied the Chameleon files, too. When I tried to boot it didn't work, though. A screenshot is attached.

post-962341-0-48214200-1399411078_thumb.jpg

@conedmiro I'm not sure if your laptop is 7520, I guess it's the 15R one but not the special edition, so I won't take the risk.

Anyway, I tried reinstalling. I could boot this time using myHack's installed bootloader and the flags "-v -x -f PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No".

I used the kexts in that Pandora guide, and the smbios from the guide for 15R SE.

I couldn't get the touchpad to work although the USB mouse and the built-in keyboard work perfectly.

I couldn't get the sound to work either.

The battery indicator works using the kexts in that HDD package in the same topic.

Ethernet, Wifi, and a USB wifi dongle I have, none of those work.

There's one additional problem but I'm not sure if that's only for hackintosh devices, the system can't mount any partitions except if they're HFS+. Ext partitions (Linux ones), NTFS, FAT32, ExFAT and FAT can't be mounted.

I didn't try running with SpeedStep enabled, too, so I'm going to try gundamfj's Extra package and see how it goes.

Oh, one more thing. It takes too much time to shutdown/restart. I didn't try sleeping.

Intel HD4000 Graphics is recognized! \o/ Thanks gundamfj!

I had to use "-v -x -f PciRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No" to be able boot, though. (I guess I may boot with only -f or something, I'll try later and see).

And I still can't get the touchpad, sound, Wifi, my Wifi dongle, or ethernet, to work. :(

I removed the device-properties thing from the boot list, and now I can boot without -x. The good news are that ethernet works now. Actually I'm posting through Mavericks right now.

The bad news, I tried using IGPlatformID, but the graphics card isn't recognised. Sound doesn't work, touchpad doesn't work, and the WIFI dongle doesn't work. I'm trying to download the dongle's drivers right now and see how it goes.

For some reason booting without -x doesn't work anymore. I tried using the device-properties thing again and it works but only for -x. I still can't get the thing to boot in normal mode. I believe I'm forced to give Niresh a chance, although I still have to wait for it to finish downloading.

I'm wondering what did gundamfj mean by "and fix kext", did you mean fixing the permissions?

For some reason booting without -x doesn't work anymore. I tried using the device-properties thing again and it works but only for -x. I still can't get the thing to boot in normal mode. I believe I'm forced to give Niresh a chance, although I still have to wait for it to finish downloading.

I'm wondering what did gundamfj mean by "and fix kext", did you mean fixing the permissions?

Well, I mean you should install some drivers to make some devices work, for example, the sound and usb 3.0

I'm not so good with these. Can you tell me exactly which ones should I use?

(And nope I didn't get the chance to finish downloading Niresh yet. My internet speed is 512 Kbps and the thing is around 5 and a half GBs ._. )