theconnactic

2 posts in this topic

Hello, folks!

I have this nice 15'' Sony Vaio laptop, powered by an I3 CPU with HD3000 graphics (with which i struggled a lot to enable QE/CI, but now it's nice), Conexant audio (I had to give up native HDA and DSDT solution because my DSDT didn't go well with the said HD3000, so i'm using VoodooHDA now) and Atheros/Realtek network (all working). All in all, a rare case of a laptop where everything works without need to replace or swap anything.

The only weak spot is the trackpad: it is working, with latest Rehabman's synaptics driver, but it's being recognized as a mouse and only gives me very basic controls. No two finger scrolling, no tap and drag, not even click and drag. That is, it's working but it's barely functional. In verbose mode, i could see trackpad is being recognized as ALPS, so I tried a kext from OSXLatitude that previously worked for me with ALPS, but this killed both my keyboard and my trackpad, so I had to revert to Rehabman's.

Any help would be much appreciated, because this laptop is very close to be a perfect win.

All the best!

SOLVED!

By using the latest version of the OSXLatitude's ALPS driver, the one which is merged with Rehabman's. Now everything smooth as it can be.

All the best!

• 2 weeks later...