looking for gtx 660 dirver

bob5731

53 posts in this topic

What are you trying to say? Please be more specific. Red camp does not release OS X drivers for their video cards.

As far as I can tell, the Bitminter client is written in Java - I'm guessing it's probably a Java issue.

Try updating/installing Java 7: http://www.java.com/download

If it still doesn't work, try the Minecraft demo, installing it will trigger a Java 6 update, maybe Bitminter will work then.

(There are probably other, easier ways to have that happen but I don't know any)

Is there an echo in here?

If your native language isn't English, look through the list of forums here and see if we have one in your native language.

"red camp" meaning ATI/AMD, as opposed to "green camp", being guess who.

I have a GTX 660. Grabbing the test version of bitminter right now, I'll let you know if it works.

/EDIT - yes, as far as I can tell it's working fine here.

If you have GraphicsEnabler=y in your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist you need to set that to n instead of y.

• Like 1

will EFIStudio work to help edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist file?

Link removed

org.chameleon.Boot.plist file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1024x768x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>5</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>
is this right?

Just go to the Applications folder and find TextEdit.  Use it to edit the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file.

Change:

<string>Yes</string>

To:
<string>No</string>

Okay, then I don't know what's wrong. Maybe you have removed or changed some system files in an attempt to make your video card work?

You need to undo all modifications related to your video card and remove any kernel extensions related to video that were added by post-install tools.

(and thank you for being honest)

Hey, play nice. Besides he already has a Mac.

Bob, I don't know why your GTX 660 doesn't work, but it should work. You should not have to switch video cards.

Something is preventing it from working correctly and you should try to track down what that is.

Tell me how did you install Mavericks on your PC, what tools did you use to perform the install? Or did someone else do it for you?

I'm not familiar with myhack, it's possible that you may have selected something during installation that's now preventing your GTX 660 from working.

Does anyone here have experience with myhack...?

No experience, but I can look inside the installer package.

In my mind, the proper ingredients for having GTX 660 working is to have vanilla graphics kexts and frameworks and to have the correct settings in org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Looking inside the myHack package, the only thing I can see that would affect those ingredients is a default org.chameleon.Boot.plist with a setting of GraphicsEnabler=Yes.  The GTX 660 requires GraphicsEnabler=No.  There are no graphics kexts or frameworks inside myHack.

Kexts inside myHack:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext
FakeSMC.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
Patched_10.7_AppleRTC.kext
lspcidrv.kext
myHack.kext

There are no frameworks inside myHack.

Contents of myHack default org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>